The immensely popular with Brits Blackpool Illuminations are set to start off with pomp and circumstance and a few loud booms perhaps on August 30 and run in 2013 through Nov 10 - so if in England during this period and you want to see one of the most famous events traditionally in all of Britain trip the lights fantastic in Blackpool! You'll have zillions of average ordinary Brits there, who flock here from miles around at night, but IME very very few foreign tourists as this is a quintessentially British thing that many foreign tourists may never have heard of!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Revised itinerary for italy
- 4 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 5 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 6 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 7 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 10 Amalfi Coast help
- 11 Paris Metro
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 A good book!!
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 21 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 CDG airport and connection time
Blackpool: Aug 30 - Nov 10 - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Once Again!