The immensely popular with Brits Blackpool Illuminations are set to start off with pomp and circumstance and a few loud booms perhaps on August 30 and run in 2013 through Nov 10 - so if in England during this period and you want to see one of the most famous events traditionally in all of Britain trip the lights fantastic in Blackpool! You'll have zillions of average ordinary Brits there, who flock here from miles around at night, but IME very very few foreign tourists as this is a quintessentially British thing that many foreign tourists may never have heard of!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to London
- 2 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 3 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Naples + Walking Tour
- 8 International drivers permit
- 9 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 10 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 13 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 London GTG May 19-25
- 20 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 21 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 22 Classical Tour of Albania
- 23 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 24 London and Normandy
- 25 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
Blackpool: Aug 30 - Nov 10 - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Once Again!