The immensely popular with Brits Blackpool Illuminations are set to start off with pomp and circumstance and a few loud booms perhaps on August 30 and run in 2013 through Nov 10 - so if in England during this period and you want to see one of the most famous events traditionally in all of Britain trip the lights fantastic in Blackpool! You'll have zillions of average ordinary Brits there, who flock here from miles around at night, but IME very very few foreign tourists as this is a quintessentially British thing that many foreign tourists may never have heard of!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Perugia
- 2 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 3 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 4 Praiano
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Help please
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 21 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 22 Rome to venice
- 23 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
Blackpool: Aug 30 - Nov 10 - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Once Again!