I have traveled the Balkans before and love the architecture and energy in places like Zagreb, Sarajevo and of course Istanbul. Of course, not every place I visited was a ‘must-see’. Anyway, I visited the Republic of Macedonia and really liked Ohrid, but did not visit anywhere else. Do you think Bitola and Skopje are must-see destinations or are they not really preserved well-enough? I am not sure if they generally are attractive or whether they just may have some attractive monuments frequently surrounded by too many communist-era constructions. Let me know. Thanks.
Bitola & Skopje
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 2 London hotel
- 3 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Day trip from London to Paris
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 8 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 9 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 10 Welcome
- 11 Prague - Tram #22
- 12 hotels in Seville
- 13 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Three days in Spain
- 16 Location of hotel in Rome
- 17 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 18 Need advice for this
- 19 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 20 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 21 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 22 one last portugal car rental question
- 23 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 24 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 25 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?