I have traveled the Balkans before and love the architecture and energy in places like Zagreb, Sarajevo and of course Istanbul. Of course, not every place I visited was a ‘must-see’. Anyway, I visited the Republic of Macedonia and really liked Ohrid, but did not visit anywhere else. Do you think Bitola and Skopje are must-see destinations or are they not really preserved well-enough? I am not sure if they generally are attractive or whether they just may have some attractive monuments frequently surrounded by too many communist-era constructions. Let me know. Thanks.
Bitola & Skopje
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Questions
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 4 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 5 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 6 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 9 When to visit Provence updated info
- 10 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 11 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 12 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 13 Medieval Tallinn
- 14 Prague Main Train Station
- 15 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 16 Italian language schools
- 17 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 18 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 19 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Place to propose
- 22 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Revised itinerary needs approval