My sister and I will be in Paris from 1-5 January 2009 to celebrate one of those one-in-ten years big O's birthday (mine)! I would love your suggestions as to where to stay and where to go for my birthday dinner. It needs to be somewhere special but not too expensive. It would be nice to get a special feeling in the restaurant and perhaps to be made a bit of a fuss off about my having my birthday (the dinner). I'd love to stay in a hotel either in St. Germain or nearby or perhaps the Marais earea's. It would be nice if the rooms are an o.k. size and perhaps a bit of a lively lobby/bar in the hotel would be cosy as well.Yes, quite a few wishes, I know...
I'd love to hear your suggestions. thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Moldova and Transnistria
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 9 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 10 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 11 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 12 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 13 The DCC scam is spreading
- 14 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 17 Driving in Italy
- 18 Paris in August
- 19 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 20 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 23 Rome Water Shortage
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?