My sister and I will be in Paris from 1-5 January 2009 to celebrate one of those one-in-ten years big O's birthday (mine)! I would love your suggestions as to where to stay and where to go for my birthday dinner. It needs to be somewhere special but not too expensive. It would be nice to get a special feeling in the restaurant and perhaps to be made a bit of a fuss off about my having my birthday (the dinner). I'd love to stay in a hotel either in St. Germain or nearby or perhaps the Marais earea's. It would be nice if the rooms are an o.k. size and perhaps a bit of a lively lobby/bar in the hotel would be cosy as well.Yes, quite a few wishes, I know...
I'd love to hear your suggestions. thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 2 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 3 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 4 European Cooking Secrets
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 7 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 8 Basque country ideas
- 9 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 10 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 First trip to Italy
- 13 CHEAP SAFARIS TO TANZANIA
- 14 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 15 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 16 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 17 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 18 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 19 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 20 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 21 20 Days in Europe
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 24 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 25 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.