My sister and I will be in Paris from 1-5 January 2009 to celebrate one of those one-in-ten years big O's birthday (mine)! I would love your suggestions as to where to stay and where to go for my birthday dinner. It needs to be somewhere special but not too expensive. It would be nice to get a special feeling in the restaurant and perhaps to be made a bit of a fuss off about my having my birthday (the dinner). I'd love to stay in a hotel either in St. Germain or nearby or perhaps the Marais earea's. It would be nice if the rooms are an o.k. size and perhaps a bit of a lively lobby/bar in the hotel would be cosy as well.Yes, quite a few wishes, I know...
I'd love to hear your suggestions. thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 10 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 11 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 12 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 Europe First Timers
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 20 Iceland for Nine Days
- 21 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 22 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Rome or Venice first
- 25 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast