My husband and I are headed to Paris May 6th-12th (soon!) and as he is turning 41 while we are there, I was looking for a fun way to celebrate other than a blow-out dinner or cruising down the Seine. I have been looking into day trips from Paris - we are staying in the Marais - and am getting a little overwhelmed/confused. Not sure if it's better to join up with a wine tour and go that route or book a car and make a handful of reservations myself. Does anyone have experience/recommendations? We love ALL wine and are open to all varietals. The tours look very $$$ for what you get and reviews can be spotty. For instance I don't know that we have interest in visiting a stinky goat farm on our way to Champagne, although should we?
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Germany train help!
- 3 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 4 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 5 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 6 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 9 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 10 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 15 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 16 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 17 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 18 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 19 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 20 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 23 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Acropolis Athens