My husband and I are headed to Paris May 6th-12th (soon!) and as he is turning 41 while we are there, I was looking for a fun way to celebrate other than a blow-out dinner or cruising down the Seine. I have been looking into day trips from Paris - we are staying in the Marais - and am getting a little overwhelmed/confused. Not sure if it's better to join up with a wine tour and go that route or book a car and make a handful of reservations myself. Does anyone have experience/recommendations? We love ALL wine and are open to all varietals. The tours look very $$$ for what you get and reviews can be spotty. For instance I don't know that we have interest in visiting a stinky goat farm on our way to Champagne, although should we?
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Question
- 2 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 3 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 4 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 5 London Paris
- 6 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 7 Spain.. suggestions please
- 8 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 9 Luggage on trains/security?
- 10 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 11 London dining service charge
- 12 The DCC scam is spreading
- 13 What clothes?
- 14 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 15 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 16 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 17 the reality that it helps
- 18 Venice to Positano
- 19 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 20 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 21 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 22 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 23 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Minimum connect time Istanbul Ataturk airport