My husband and I are headed to Paris May 6th-12th (soon!) and as he is turning 41 while we are there, I was looking for a fun way to celebrate other than a blow-out dinner or cruising down the Seine. I have been looking into day trips from Paris - we are staying in the Marais - and am getting a little overwhelmed/confused. Not sure if it's better to join up with a wine tour and go that route or book a car and make a handful of reservations myself. Does anyone have experience/recommendations? We love ALL wine and are open to all varietals. The tours look very $$$ for what you get and reviews can be spotty. For instance I don't know that we have interest in visiting a stinky goat farm on our way to Champagne, although should we?
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T Mobile Does it Again
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 4 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 5 Hungary itinerary Help
- 6 Dolomites October 14-18
- 7 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 European Championship
- 11 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 12 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 13 Italy by car
- 14 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 15 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 16 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 17 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 18 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 19 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 20 12 days in Austria
- 21 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 22 Itinerary Help
- 23 sim card
- 24 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 25 Can't go to Ravello so....where?