My husband and I are headed to Paris May 6th-12th (soon!) and as he is turning 41 while we are there, I was looking for a fun way to celebrate other than a blow-out dinner or cruising down the Seine. I have been looking into day trips from Paris - we are staying in the Marais - and am getting a little overwhelmed/confused. Not sure if it's better to join up with a wine tour and go that route or book a car and make a handful of reservations myself. Does anyone have experience/recommendations? We love ALL wine and are open to all varietals. The tours look very $$$ for what you get and reviews can be spotty. For instance I don't know that we have interest in visiting a stinky goat farm on our way to Champagne, although should we?
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 2 Our Paris plans
- 3 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 4 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 5 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 6 Barcelona Itinerary
- 7 town between Alba and Rapallo?
- 8 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 9 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 10 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 11 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 12 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 13 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 14 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 15 Angels and Demons
- 16 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 17 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 18 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 19 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 20 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 21 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 22 Dört Tepeler at Elbeyli, İznik
- 23 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 24 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 25 8 hours Layover in Paris