My husband and I are headed to Paris May 6th-12th (soon!) and as he is turning 41 while we are there, I was looking for a fun way to celebrate other than a blow-out dinner or cruising down the Seine. I have been looking into day trips from Paris - we are staying in the Marais - and am getting a little overwhelmed/confused. Not sure if it's better to join up with a wine tour and go that route or book a car and make a handful of reservations myself. Does anyone have experience/recommendations? We love ALL wine and are open to all varietals. The tours look very $$$ for what you get and reviews can be spotty. For instance I don't know that we have interest in visiting a stinky goat farm on our way to Champagne, although should we?
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you
Birthday Ideas - Day trips from Paris to wineries
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 8 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 9 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 12 Euro Train
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 first european holiday itinery
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Cyprus in December
- 20 Cyprus photo gallery
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Which travel plan?
- 24 Florence in October
- 25 Family European winter holiday