My husband and I are headed to Paris May 6th-12th (soon!) and as he is turning 41 while we are there, I was looking for a fun way to celebrate other than a blow-out dinner or cruising down the Seine. I have been looking into day trips from Paris - we are staying in the Marais - and am getting a little overwhelmed/confused. Not sure if it's better to join up with a wine tour and go that route or book a car and make a handful of reservations myself. Does anyone have experience/recommendations? We love ALL wine and are open to all varietals. The tours look very $$$ for what you get and reviews can be spotty. For instance I don't know that we have interest in visiting a stinky goat farm on our way to Champagne, although should we?
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3/4/ days South of France
- 2 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 3 Florence and Rome
- 4 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 5 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 8 Switzerland Hotels
- 9 Bosch Parade
- 10 Trains from Granada
- 11 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 14 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 17 Amalfi October 16-25
- 18 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 19 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 20 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 21 21 nights in England, please help
- 22 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 23 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016