I'm planning on spending 4 days and 4 nights on the cote d'azur in mid-april for a birthday celebration.
I'm happy that its before the busy season but I guess that means little sun so and outdoor pool option is looking less likely.
The group of 10 will be flying into Nice
4 people will fly into Nice on a Wednesday
6 people flying into Nice on the Friday for the last 2 days.
The main areas of interest seem to be
I want to spend a bit of money but my pockets are not as deep as the A-listers who frequent during the summer months. I,m currently weighing up the option of hotels vs, appartments and villas.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Should we travel around for accommodation (e.g. St Tropez 2 days, Monaco 2 days?) or be centrally located, (e.g Nice)?
I've heard that Menton, Cap Ferrat, Vence, VilleFranche etc are very pretty but we'd want to be somewhere where the nightlife is pretty decent.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 2 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 3 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 4 First European Vacation )
- 5 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 6 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 7 Cars in France
- 8 Rovaniemi or Levi??
- 9 Bahn sales
- 10 Jakobsweg: Walking through Switzerland
- 11 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 12 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 13 Provence, Paris & London in April - 15 day trip
- 14 Greek island advice
- 15 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 16 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 17 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 18 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
- 19 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 20 Paris
- 21 Rome/Florence
- 22 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 23 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 24 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 25 Traveling around Lake Geneva