I'm planning on spending 4 days and 4 nights on the cote d'azur in mid-april for a birthday celebration.
I'm happy that its before the busy season but I guess that means little sun so and outdoor pool option is looking less likely.
The group of 10 will be flying into Nice
4 people will fly into Nice on a Wednesday
6 people flying into Nice on the Friday for the last 2 days.
The main areas of interest seem to be
I want to spend a bit of money but my pockets are not as deep as the A-listers who frequent during the summer months. I,m currently weighing up the option of hotels vs, appartments and villas.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Should we travel around for accommodation (e.g. St Tropez 2 days, Monaco 2 days?) or be centrally located, (e.g Nice)?
I've heard that Menton, Cap Ferrat, Vence, VilleFranche etc are very pretty but we'd want to be somewhere where the nightlife is pretty decent.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 3 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 4 Safety in Rome
- 5 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 8 Apartment Montreux area
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Crete Holiday
- 12 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 13 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 14 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 22 base in brussels
- 23 Rome or Venice first
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Berlin