I'm planning on spending 4 days and 4 nights on the cote d'azur in mid-april for a birthday celebration.
I'm happy that its before the busy season but I guess that means little sun so and outdoor pool option is looking less likely.
The group of 10 will be flying into Nice
4 people will fly into Nice on a Wednesday
6 people flying into Nice on the Friday for the last 2 days.
The main areas of interest seem to be
I want to spend a bit of money but my pockets are not as deep as the A-listers who frequent during the summer months. I,m currently weighing up the option of hotels vs, appartments and villas.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Should we travel around for accommodation (e.g. St Tropez 2 days, Monaco 2 days?) or be centrally located, (e.g Nice)?
I've heard that Menton, Cap Ferrat, Vence, VilleFranche etc are very pretty but we'd want to be somewhere where the nightlife is pretty decent.
Thanks for your help
Birthday celebration in the Cote d'azur
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 2 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 3 Aix en Provence
- 4 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 5 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 6 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 7 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 8 Spanish Music
- 9 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 10 Itinerary help
- 11 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 12 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 13 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 14 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 15 Austria & Bavaria – A week-long winter getaway
- 16 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 17 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 18 Things to do in/around Milan
- 19 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 20 Day Trips from Paris
- 21 Ireland's west coast
- 22 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 23 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 24 South of Switzerland
- 25 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy