I'm planning on spending 4 days and 4 nights on the cote d'azur in mid-april for a birthday celebration.
I'm happy that its before the busy season but I guess that means little sun so and outdoor pool option is looking less likely.
The group of 10 will be flying into Nice
4 people will fly into Nice on a Wednesday
6 people flying into Nice on the Friday for the last 2 days.
The main areas of interest seem to be
I want to spend a bit of money but my pockets are not as deep as the A-listers who frequent during the summer months. I,m currently weighing up the option of hotels vs, appartments and villas.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Should we travel around for accommodation (e.g. St Tropez 2 days, Monaco 2 days?) or be centrally located, (e.g Nice)?
I've heard that Menton, Cap Ferrat, Vence, VilleFranche etc are very pretty but we'd want to be somewhere where the nightlife is pretty decent.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Who owns the Alhambra? ...calling all history buffs
- 2 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 3 The BEST Road Trip Ever! 15 Nights in Iceland
- 4 Small-group day tours from London?
- 5 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 6 How to rent a car...
- 7 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 8 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 9 Advise
- 10 Getting Around Toledo
- 11 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 12 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 13 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 14 Best location to stay in Seville
- 15 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 16 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 17 Crete - Short Island Cruises from/return Crete
- 18 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 19 Photos from our wonderful trip to Spain
- 20 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 Andalucia to Madrid
- 23 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 24 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 25 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?