We've refined our plans since my last posts. Here's the latest for context. Questions follow.
Early June, 3 adults (two older, one younger) drive in rental car from Dublin to Birr, stopping at Hill of Tara for long visit on the way, spending the night at Dooly's (thanks seedee).
From Birr, we head to Buree or thereabouts for one night.
Next stop Cork for two nights, using it as a base for at least one day driving/exploring.
We're interested in landscapes, old places and working/real places, and are hoping to get a taste of the waterfront, etc. in the Cork part of the visit. We also have a musician in the group, so places with open mics or live music are a plus. The musician is also extremely knowledgeable about Irish history, and we all are interested in that, from Celts and before, as well as the last century, Georgian castles not so much.
We'll be flying out of Cork to Paris the morning of our fifth day.
stopover after Birr on way to Cork
place to stay in Cork and venues with music, etc.
coastal, waterfront stops for day trips
Some of you have already answered some of these and I thank you in advance and apologize for any repetition, but I wanted to gather the entire question in one place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Things to do in Brussels
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 7 UK Visa Help
- 8 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 9 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 10 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 11 Spain in December
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Cell Phone Question
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 24 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?