We've refined our plans since my last posts. Here's the latest for context. Questions follow.
Early June, 3 adults (two older, one younger) drive in rental car from Dublin to Birr, stopping at Hill of Tara for long visit on the way, spending the night at Dooly's (thanks seedee).
From Birr, we head to Buree or thereabouts for one night.
Next stop Cork for two nights, using it as a base for at least one day driving/exploring.
We're interested in landscapes, old places and working/real places, and are hoping to get a taste of the waterfront, etc. in the Cork part of the visit. We also have a musician in the group, so places with open mics or live music are a plus. The musician is also extremely knowledgeable about Irish history, and we all are interested in that, from Celts and before, as well as the last century, Georgian castles not so much.
We'll be flying out of Cork to Paris the morning of our fifth day.
stopover after Birr on way to Cork
place to stay in Cork and venues with music, etc.
coastal, waterfront stops for day trips
Some of you have already answered some of these and I thank you in advance and apologize for any repetition, but I wanted to gather the entire question in one place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Where to enjoy Paris
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Athens
- 12 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 13 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 14 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 18 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome