Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 5 Italy
- 6 4 Days in Tuscany
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Revised itinerary for italy
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 24 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 25 Amalfi Coast help
Hello MyTravel Friends –