Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 4 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 7 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 8 When and how to book for a trip?
- 9 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 10 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 11 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 12 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 13 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 14 Prague & Croatia
- 15 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 16 Ferries from London To Normandy Beaches; biking through Formigny-Bayeux
- 17 3 week backing packing trip
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 20 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 21 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 22 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 23 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 24 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 25 holiday problem in Budapest
Hello MyTravel Friends –