Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in a week
- 2 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 5 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 SURPRISE TRIP
- 9 Jewish Vienna
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 Reaching the Lake District
- 12 Positano Hotel in September
- 13 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 14 seat reservations
- 15 Scotland itinerary advice
- 16 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Brussels flower tapestry
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 21 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 22 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 23 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Moldova and Transnistria
Hello MyTravel Friends –