Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Bilbao - San Sebastian - Spain
Hello MyTravel Friends –
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottish Passport
- 2 Voltage in UK and France
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 6 Europe in winter
- 7 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 8 Barcelona free tours??
- 9 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 10 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 11 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 12 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 13 Viator.com in Turkey
- 14 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 15 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 16 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 17 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 18 Italy tours
- 19 Air France strike
- 20 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 21 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 24 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 25 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s