Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train rides
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 5 italy itinerary request
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 8 First time in Italy
- 9 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 10 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 11 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 12 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 13 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 18 Renting a car in Florence
- 19 What about Basque Country?
- 20 Salento penninsula
- 21 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 22 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 23 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 24 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 25 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
Hello MyTravel Friends –