Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 2 Italy Trip Report
- 3 One day in milan
- 4 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 5 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 6 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 7 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 8 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 9 Transportation Question Italy
- 10 London Restaurants
- 11 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 12 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 13 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 14 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 15 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 16 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 17 Virgin Trains East Coast Punctuality
- 18 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 23 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 24 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
Hello MyTravel Friends –