Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RR MAIL Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 3 London Hotel - Different Request
- 4 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 5 IWM
- 6 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 7 3 nights in Madrid
- 8 alcazar question and seville advice
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 11 London in Winter Report
- 12 Iceland trip report!
- 13 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 17 Anniversary trip to France
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 22 Paris and Normandy
- 23 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 24 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 25 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
Hello MyTravel Friends –