Hello MyTravel Friends –
I am embarking on travel from October 25 to November 3rd. From October 25th to October 31st, I will be in Bilbao and using Bilbao as home-base. I plan on taking a couple of day trips and that is where I need your assistance. I would like to visit San Sebastian for a day, and possibly tour a winery in the La Rioja region on another day. I’ve read that I can get to and from San Sebastian in one day and preferably by bus. However, any suggestions for a one-day visit to San Sebastian? What is there to see besides the tapas bars? I suspect that going late in October might be a bit cold so, I have no plans on hanging out at the beach ( I live in Long Beach, CA). Is there a suggested one day tour of San Sebastian?
Also, any recommendation(s) as to visiting a winery in the La Rioja region? I will be without car and dependent on public transportation. I’ve seen some very expensive wine tours…but, can I visit a winery on my own using public transportation?
Lastly, any recommendations on a decent and non-expensive hotel? I prefer to stay in an area that has a decent night life. I am an avid walker so being close to the Guggenheim is not that important for me. I am thinking of paying up to $75.00 a night for a decent hotel room.
I truly appreciate all of your responses and have every intentions of paying it forward.
Peace and everything good to each of you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 2 Iceland Sept itinerary
- 3 England/Scotland in January?
- 4 Budapest main train station status
- 5 Train Ticket Krakow to Budapest
- 6 Europe in 30 days: itinerary suggestions, anyone?! Please and thank you!
- 7 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 8 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 9 Itinerary Check-In
- 10 PASSPORT number changed
- 11 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 12 Scotland itinerary
- 13 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 14 10 Days in Tuscany
- 15 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 16 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 17 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 18 Ice for a cooler
- 19 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 20 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 21 Getting Around Toledo
- 22 Going to Montmartre from Gare du Nord totally off the beaten track
- 23 Does the Paris Museum Pass cover the Picasso Museum?
- 24 Ireland - Insight into group tours/budget
- 25 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
Hello MyTravel Friends –