Our upcoming trip to London has hit what I hope is a minor snag. My wife has lately been plagued with plantar faciitis (foot pain) lately. We usually walk all over (and fast!)--and we're hoping her treatment will have an effect soon--but we want to prepare.
We can slow our pace, take more buses, etc., in London. (This is our fifth visit, so we feel confident that we can work this out and still enjoy the city.)
However, we decided we will not do guided walks for our planned day-trips to Oxford and to Bath. (The pace will probably be too fast.)
Instead, we are looking into biking these two towns -- either with guided bike tours or self-guided (which seem available from bike rental places). NOTE: Her podiatrist says biking would not pose a problem.
I was wondering if any Fodorites had experience...in either or both towns...and can make some recommendations/tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 4 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Road trip with our dog
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy