I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 3 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 4 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 5 Train travel
- 6 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 7 WWI Battlefields
- 8 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 11 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 14 Iceland 3 day layover
- 15 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 16 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Milos beach stay
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 22 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 23 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 24 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 25 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?