I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 2 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 5 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 6 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 7 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 13 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 16 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 17 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 18 Trip to Rome
- 19 Best Indian Food
- 20 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings