I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to venice
- 2 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 3 Italy bus or train
- 4 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 5 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 6 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 7 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 8 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 9 Undisclsoed location
- 10 Need help with my itinerary
- 11 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 12 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 13 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 14 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 15 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 16 Chamonix to Paris
- 17 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 18 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 19 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 22 Paris in September
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 help with Italy itinerary
- 25 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)