I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Where to enjoy Paris
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Athens
- 13 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 14 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 15 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 16 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 21 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome