I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 모집 囍囍 [카톡 아이디: vs486 ☜텔레그램: vs486]
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Spain: train/rental car help
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 12 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 13 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 18 Sicily help
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 "Too Much Cows"
- 22 Bordeaux to Nice
- 23 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)