I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 2 Airport Transit Visa
- 3 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 4 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 7 Where in Greece
- 8 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 9 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 10 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 11 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 12 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 13 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 14 Vatican tour
- 15 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 16 Day in Capri
- 17 alcazar question and seville advice
- 18 TSA Precheck
- 19 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 First visit to London
- 22 Paris travel help
- 23 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 24 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 25 Paris..The St. Germain area.