I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 2 Italy
- 3 4 Days in Tuscany
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 Revised itinerary for italy
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 18 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 22 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 23 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 24 Amalfi Coast help
- 25 Paris Metro