I'm looking for a base in southwestern France, a small city, that has easy access to bike trails, public transportation, and with a good mix of cultural, geographical & historical (naturally)l interest and liveliness. I know about riding along Canal du Midi, but was hoping for something along the coast, too...a la the rails to trail route in San Remo, Italy.
So far, I've considered Montpellier, for its location and access to other places, but am open to any and all suggestions. This trip will likely be in the spring or fall, and be for about a week.
And, finally, we don't need to go riding every day, just interested as a means of enjoyment, without riding on highways or roads.
Thanks to all who may respond.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 3 Berlin to ?
- 4 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 7 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 8 Studying art in English in venice
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 11 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 Trogir or Split
- 14 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 15 Scotland
- 16 Hotels in Turin
- 17 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 18 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 19 Istria in two days
- 20 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 21 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 22 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 23 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 24 Scotland itinerary help
- 25 Rental Car pick up in Cortana