I want to bike from Portugal to Turkey, after reading a number of blogs of people who have done long distance bike rides, it seems doable. I wanted to know if any long distance bikers out there have any tips? This would be my longest trip, over several months. I am planning on a budget trip, camping/eating from grocery stores, etc. Does any one know about biking in European countries specifically? I have only been to The UK, and live in America, where biking is generally not common for people to do (where I live in Central California anyway) Are there a lot of biking trails? I know in France and Germany there are a lot, but I am wondering about Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, etc. Also, how much money would one spend a day in each of these countries? I would want to stay in campgrounds, cook my own food, eating food to go from the supermarket, etc, nothing too fancy. Also, how does one go about obtaining visas from each country overland? Thanks
Biking across Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswold Churches
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 4 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 5 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 6 Norway 2014
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 9 I dream of Europe
- 10 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 11 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 12 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 13 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 14 Is Venice really dirty?
- 15 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Best beach town in Italy?
- 22 Burgundy in May
- 23 Athens at New Years
- 24 chrismas in rome
- 25 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?