I want to bike from Portugal to Turkey, after reading a number of blogs of people who have done long distance bike rides, it seems doable. I wanted to know if any long distance bikers out there have any tips? This would be my longest trip, over several months. I am planning on a budget trip, camping/eating from grocery stores, etc. Does any one know about biking in European countries specifically? I have only been to The UK, and live in America, where biking is generally not common for people to do (where I live in Central California anyway) Are there a lot of biking trails? I know in France and Germany there are a lot, but I am wondering about Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, etc. Also, how much money would one spend a day in each of these countries? I would want to stay in campgrounds, cook my own food, eating food to go from the supermarket, etc, nothing too fancy. Also, how does one go about obtaining visas from each country overland? Thanks
Biking across Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 2 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 3 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 4 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 5 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 6 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 7 Cell phones in Ireland
- 8 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 11 Touring Dover Castle
- 12 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 15 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 7 Nights in Paris
- 18 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 19 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 20 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 3 weeks in Europe
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 25 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice