I want to bike from Portugal to Turkey, after reading a number of blogs of people who have done long distance bike rides, it seems doable. I wanted to know if any long distance bikers out there have any tips? This would be my longest trip, over several months. I am planning on a budget trip, camping/eating from grocery stores, etc. Does any one know about biking in European countries specifically? I have only been to The UK, and live in America, where biking is generally not common for people to do (where I live in Central California anyway) Are there a lot of biking trails? I know in France and Germany there are a lot, but I am wondering about Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, etc. Also, how much money would one spend a day in each of these countries? I would want to stay in campgrounds, cook my own food, eating food to go from the supermarket, etc, nothing too fancy. Also, how does one go about obtaining visas from each country overland? Thanks
Biking across Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 2 Small group for Colosseum
- 3 SIM card for eastern europe
- 4 Munich and Dachau
- 5 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 6 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 7 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 8 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 9 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 10 London visit
- 11 Madrid and London
- 12 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 13 21 Days in Central Europe
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Three days in Spain
- 16 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 17 Duoro river cruises
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 20 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 21 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 22 Eurostar booking
- 23 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)