I want to bike from Portugal to Turkey, after reading a number of blogs of people who have done long distance bike rides, it seems doable. I wanted to know if any long distance bikers out there have any tips? This would be my longest trip, over several months. I am planning on a budget trip, camping/eating from grocery stores, etc. Does any one know about biking in European countries specifically? I have only been to The UK, and live in America, where biking is generally not common for people to do (where I live in Central California anyway) Are there a lot of biking trails? I know in France and Germany there are a lot, but I am wondering about Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, etc. Also, how much money would one spend a day in each of these countries? I would want to stay in campgrounds, cook my own food, eating food to go from the supermarket, etc, nothing too fancy. Also, how does one go about obtaining visas from each country overland? Thanks
Biking across Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Portugal - Don't Miss!
- 4 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 5 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 6 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 7 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 8 England and Scotland
- 9 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 10 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 11 Athens/Istanbul March
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 15 Dublin to Armagh?
- 16 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 17 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 18 Gite and/or agritourism
- 19 Apartment for family trip to London
- 20 Prebook B&Bs
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 23 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 20 days in Germany