Searching for travel information and opinions regarding the southwest corner of France. We are thinking about visiting this area at the end of July - we want a few beach days but also love sightseeing experiences. One of our reasons to visit this corner of France is its proximity to Bilbao and the Guggenheim museum in Spain...this seems like a spectacular museum and I have been curious about it for years. However, it is quite a detour from our itinerary and I have been able to find very little information regarding the area of St Jean de Luz. We will be coming from Paris (either by TGV or Air - depending on transportation prices and schedules.) We can devote 5-7 days of our trip if warranted. Would love to hear responses from travellers who have visited this area and hear about your recommendations or concerns. Many thanks
Biarrtiz, St. Jean de Luz, (France) San Sebastion, Bilbao (Spain)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time to UK since 2001
- 2 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 5 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 6 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 7 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 14 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 17 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 18 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 19 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 20 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 21 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 22 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 25 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction