Searching for travel information and opinions regarding the southwest corner of France. We are thinking about visiting this area at the end of July - we want a few beach days but also love sightseeing experiences. One of our reasons to visit this corner of France is its proximity to Bilbao and the Guggenheim museum in Spain...this seems like a spectacular museum and I have been curious about it for years. However, it is quite a detour from our itinerary and I have been able to find very little information regarding the area of St Jean de Luz. We will be coming from Paris (either by TGV or Air - depending on transportation prices and schedules.) We can devote 5-7 days of our trip if warranted. Would love to hear responses from travellers who have visited this area and hear about your recommendations or concerns. Many thanks
Biarrtiz, St. Jean de Luz, (France) San Sebastion, Bilbao (Spain)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 5 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 6 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 7 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 8 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 12 Airport to Piraeus
- 13 Train to Airport in Venice
- 14 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 15 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 16 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 17 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 18 Questions for my German friends
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 21 Foie gras, redux
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Dublin Tour Companies
- 24 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 25 Day trips from Seville