Searching for travel information and opinions regarding the southwest corner of France. We are thinking about visiting this area at the end of July - we want a few beach days but also love sightseeing experiences. One of our reasons to visit this corner of France is its proximity to Bilbao and the Guggenheim museum in Spain...this seems like a spectacular museum and I have been curious about it for years. However, it is quite a detour from our itinerary and I have been able to find very little information regarding the area of St Jean de Luz. We will be coming from Paris (either by TGV or Air - depending on transportation prices and schedules.) We can devote 5-7 days of our trip if warranted. Would love to hear responses from travellers who have visited this area and hear about your recommendations or concerns. Many thanks
Biarrtiz, St. Jean de Luz, (France) San Sebastion, Bilbao (Spain)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 American Express
- 3 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 6 Three ferries to Mull
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 13 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 14 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 15 Which european city?
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 18 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 19 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 22 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?