I'm planning a trip to Turkey in about 3 weeks and was extremely confused about which area to stay in. I had 2 hotels narrowed down as well: The Marmara Pera near Iskitlal and The House Hotel in Nisantasi. I'm going with my husband and another couple. We're in our late 20s and we're obviously keen on nightlife, restaurants, cafes, and a lively environment while still not being stuck in a super touristy area. Let's just say that I wouldn't stay in Times Square in New York or the Champs Elysees in Paris, but rather in the Upper West with the cafes and the St. Germain area (near the 5th arr.) respectively.
Beyoglu or Nisantasi
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel with Teens
- 2 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 3 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 4 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 5 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 9 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 10 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 11 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 What are the best places to see in England
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 17 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Estonia Amber
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 23 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 24 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 25 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY