I'm planning a trip to Turkey in about 3 weeks and was extremely confused about which area to stay in. I had 2 hotels narrowed down as well: The Marmara Pera near Iskitlal and The House Hotel in Nisantasi. I'm going with my husband and another couple. We're in our late 20s and we're obviously keen on nightlife, restaurants, cafes, and a lively environment while still not being stuck in a super touristy area. Let's just say that I wouldn't stay in Times Square in New York or the Champs Elysees in Paris, but rather in the Upper West with the cafes and the St. Germain area (near the 5th arr.) respectively.
Beyoglu or Nisantasi
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 3 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 American Express
- 7 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 8 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 9 Help with European vacation plan
- 10 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 11 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 14 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Story of the German Christmas star
- 17 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 18 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 19 Three ferries to Mull
- 20 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 21 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 22 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 23 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 24 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 25 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma