I'm planning a trip to Turkey in about 3 weeks and was extremely confused about which area to stay in. I had 2 hotels narrowed down as well: The Marmara Pera near Iskitlal and The House Hotel in Nisantasi. I'm going with my husband and another couple. We're in our late 20s and we're obviously keen on nightlife, restaurants, cafes, and a lively environment while still not being stuck in a super touristy area. Let's just say that I wouldn't stay in Times Square in New York or the Champs Elysees in Paris, but rather in the Upper West with the cafes and the St. Germain area (near the 5th arr.) respectively.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from prague to salzburg
- 2 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Versailles
- 7 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 Germany train help!
- 18 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 19 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Sicily