We rented a car through Hertz pick up in Dubrovnic drop off at Zagreb airport. When we dropped off the car the counter at the airport was closed . All other rental counters were open. We put the keys in the drop box. We returned the car with a full gas tank and in perfect condition. Now 1 month later we have received a bill from Hertz for 1116.88 kuna for scratches on the drivers door. They included photos of a car not parked where we left it and showing "scratches" that look like pencil marks. I had read of this occurring but we had no choice but to leave the keys or we would have missed our flight
Beware of Hertz rental car Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Questions
- 2 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 3 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Dublin Hostels
- 9 Avignon to London?
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 21 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Traveling to Munich
- 24 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 25 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation