I was part of a large group who traveled to Sicily to attend a wedding. I booked with Donna Franca Tours only because that was who the rest of the group decided to use - she was absolutely awful to deal with. I am not exaggerating when I say that EVERY SINGLE PERSON in our group who dealt with her had some sort of horror story - mostly the fact that she was so incredibly rude and belittling to the customer. I was always under the assumption that the purpose behind using a travel agent was to make travel convenient - not so in her case. I will let the other folks in my party speak for themselves but, from my experiences with her . . . she overcharged me twice and then just brushed it off when I called her on it; she failed to book me in one of my hotels (but had no qualms about charging me for it) and when I THANKFULLY checked with the hotel on another matter and found the problem, Donna Franca had the nerve to scream at me - saying that I was questioning her integrity (damn right I was) and then proceeded to call me "Little Miss (insert last name here)" –she sent me a revised, corrected itinerary the next day. All in all, the trip was great, but only because we all had a good sense of humor about it. Now that the trip is through, and I don’t have to worry about her being vindictive and somehow screwing with the bride and groom - my advise to anyone considering using Donna Franca’s services - if being treated like a fourth class citizen is your idea of service, go for it!!
Beware of Donna Franca Tours
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 2 London visit
- 3 Croatia/Slovenia 2014
- 4 Italian cooking classes
- 5 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 6 Amalfi coast in 4 days starting today, plz advise.
- 7 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 8 Small group for Colosseum
- 9 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 10 best time to book accommodation
- 11 Useful website for France
- 12 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 15 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 16 SIM card for eastern europe
- 17 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 20 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 21 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 22 Monet in Normandy
- 23 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 24 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 25 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train