I was part of a large group who traveled to Sicily to attend a wedding. I booked with Donna Franca Tours only because that was who the rest of the group decided to use - she was absolutely awful to deal with. I am not exaggerating when I say that EVERY SINGLE PERSON in our group who dealt with her had some sort of horror story - mostly the fact that she was so incredibly rude and belittling to the customer. I was always under the assumption that the purpose behind using a travel agent was to make travel convenient - not so in her case. I will let the other folks in my party speak for themselves but, from my experiences with her . . . she overcharged me twice and then just brushed it off when I called her on it; she failed to book me in one of my hotels (but had no qualms about charging me for it) and when I THANKFULLY checked with the hotel on another matter and found the problem, Donna Franca had the nerve to scream at me - saying that I was questioning her integrity (damn right I was) and then proceeded to call me "Little Miss (insert last name here)" –she sent me a revised, corrected itinerary the next day. All in all, the trip was great, but only because we all had a good sense of humor about it. Now that the trip is through, and I don’t have to worry about her being vindictive and somehow screwing with the bride and groom - my advise to anyone considering using Donna Franca’s services - if being treated like a fourth class citizen is your idea of service, go for it!!
Beware of Donna Franca Tours
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What are the best places to see in England
- 2 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 5 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 6 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 9 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 12 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 13 Day trip from London to Paris
- 14 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 15 Transportation in Barcelona
- 16 Ste Remy France
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Europe in 21 days
- 19 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 22 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?