In spite of reading the warnings about Avis, I booked with them anyway for our Ireland car rental. The confirmation e-mail they sent me conveniently didn't include the quote for the insurance plus excess waiver we had agreed on. When I questioned them about this, they refused to put the insurance quotes in writing and assured me that the price they quoted me was correct and it wouldn't be a problem when we picked up the car in Dublin. Needless to say, when we picked up the car the insurance and excess waiver were MUCH higher than quoted, approximately $250 more. Of course at that point you don't have much choice. The agent acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about. Upon returning home, I contacted Avis, and of course THAT representative also acted like he didn't understand my complaint. I believe this is a strategy that Avis uses, which is very dishonest. I might not get any relief by complaining to them, but I can certainly post my reviews. I should have listened to my gut and previously posters. DON'T USE AVIS!!!
Beware of Avis in Ireland - AGAIN
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 2 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 3 Arc de Triumph Question
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 6 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 7 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 8 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 9 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 10 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 11 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 14 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 15 Paris November 2014
- 16 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 17 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 18 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 19 Traveling in France by train
- 20 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 21 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 22 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??