In spite of reading the warnings about Avis, I booked with them anyway for our Ireland car rental. The confirmation e-mail they sent me conveniently didn't include the quote for the insurance plus excess waiver we had agreed on. When I questioned them about this, they refused to put the insurance quotes in writing and assured me that the price they quoted me was correct and it wouldn't be a problem when we picked up the car in Dublin. Needless to say, when we picked up the car the insurance and excess waiver were MUCH higher than quoted, approximately $250 more. Of course at that point you don't have much choice. The agent acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about. Upon returning home, I contacted Avis, and of course THAT representative also acted like he didn't understand my complaint. I believe this is a strategy that Avis uses, which is very dishonest. I might not get any relief by complaining to them, but I can certainly post my reviews. I should have listened to my gut and previously posters. DON'T USE AVIS!!!
Beware of Avis in Ireland - AGAIN
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona free tours??
- 2 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 3 Air France strike
- 4 Voltage in UK and France
- 5 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 6 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 7 Tour ends in Rome
- 8 Pisa or Siena?
- 9 Italy tours
- 10 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 11 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 12 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 13 Giverny in early October?
- 14 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 15 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 18 Chateau of Horovice near Prague
- 19 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 20 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 21 London GTG late September?
- 22 train in Spain
- 23 economy car rentals
- 24 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 25 Eleanor's Pages