In spite of reading the warnings about Avis, I booked with them anyway for our Ireland car rental. The confirmation e-mail they sent me conveniently didn't include the quote for the insurance plus excess waiver we had agreed on. When I questioned them about this, they refused to put the insurance quotes in writing and assured me that the price they quoted me was correct and it wouldn't be a problem when we picked up the car in Dublin. Needless to say, when we picked up the car the insurance and excess waiver were MUCH higher than quoted, approximately $250 more. Of course at that point you don't have much choice. The agent acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about. Upon returning home, I contacted Avis, and of course THAT representative also acted like he didn't understand my complaint. I believe this is a strategy that Avis uses, which is very dishonest. I might not get any relief by complaining to them, but I can certainly post my reviews. I should have listened to my gut and previously posters. DON'T USE AVIS!!!
Beware of Avis in Ireland - AGAIN
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 2 American Express
- 3 Three ferries to Mull
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Story of the German Christmas star
- 8 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 9 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 10 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 20 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 21 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 22 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 23 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 24 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 25 driving in france with kids