In spite of reading the warnings about Avis, I booked with them anyway for our Ireland car rental. The confirmation e-mail they sent me conveniently didn't include the quote for the insurance plus excess waiver we had agreed on. When I questioned them about this, they refused to put the insurance quotes in writing and assured me that the price they quoted me was correct and it wouldn't be a problem when we picked up the car in Dublin. Needless to say, when we picked up the car the insurance and excess waiver were MUCH higher than quoted, approximately $250 more. Of course at that point you don't have much choice. The agent acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about. Upon returning home, I contacted Avis, and of course THAT representative also acted like he didn't understand my complaint. I believe this is a strategy that Avis uses, which is very dishonest. I might not get any relief by complaining to them, but I can certainly post my reviews. I should have listened to my gut and previously posters. DON'T USE AVIS!!!
Beware of Avis in Ireland - AGAIN
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5am arrival in Dublin
- 2 London tube
- 3 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 What are the best places to see in England
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 15 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 London day trips, especially castles
- 19 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 20 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 21 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 22 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 23 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 24 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 25 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?