We have been traveling in Spain for a week, now in Toledo, and we are bumping into DCC all over the place. We had two trips to Europe last year, one to Italy and one to England, and I don't recall encountering so much DCC.
Merchants are supposed to ask you but many don't. Now before I hand them my card I say "euros--no dolares!" Be careful,the difference can be several points.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 2 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 3 Prague
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Sundays in Puglia
- 6 2 Months in Sicily
- 7 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 Sim Card Options
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 Azores
- 13 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 14 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 15 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 22 Scotland in 7 Days
- 23 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Climbing Ben Nevis in June