I want to take my mom on a trip to Wales and England. Her ancestors are Welsh but we have never been to Europe. Were both in good health, (for now) but she is a little limited with knee problems. I have been looking at bus type tours, but they are sooo expensive. Would love some tips and ideas about pros and cons of the pay one price and they take care of the driving and hotel arrangements versus the do it yourself for a first timer trip. I am quite comfortable traveling in the US, just a wee bit nervous about making all the arrangements and driving in England and Wales. Tips? Itinerary? Help?! We are hoping to go this upcoming fall....
Best way to see England and Wales, mother daughter bucket list trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 2 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Golfing in Ireland
- 7 Day trips from Seville
- 8 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 9 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 10 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 11 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 12 Foie gras, redux
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 15 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 16 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 17 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 21 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace