I want to take my mom on a trip to Wales and England. Her ancestors are Welsh but we have never been to Europe. Were both in good health, (for now) but she is a little limited with knee problems. I have been looking at bus type tours, but they are sooo expensive. Would love some tips and ideas about pros and cons of the pay one price and they take care of the driving and hotel arrangements versus the do it yourself for a first timer trip. I am quite comfortable traveling in the US, just a wee bit nervous about making all the arrangements and driving in England and Wales. Tips? Itinerary? Help?! We are hoping to go this upcoming fall....
Best way to see England and Wales, mother daughter bucket list trip
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 5 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 6 More help with housing in Puglia
- 7 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Rome Accommodation
- 15 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 16 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 17 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Italian Lakes gardens
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 22 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 23 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station