I want to take my mom on a trip to Wales and England. Her ancestors are Welsh but we have never been to Europe. Were both in good health, (for now) but she is a little limited with knee problems. I have been looking at bus type tours, but they are sooo expensive. Would love some tips and ideas about pros and cons of the pay one price and they take care of the driving and hotel arrangements versus the do it yourself for a first timer trip. I am quite comfortable traveling in the US, just a wee bit nervous about making all the arrangements and driving in England and Wales. Tips? Itinerary? Help?! We are hoping to go this upcoming fall....
Best way to see England and Wales, mother daughter bucket list trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 7 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 8 Athens/Istanbul March
- 9 French open
- 10 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 11 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 12 Azores
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 15 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 16 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 17 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 18 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 tulips in the Netherland
- 22 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 23 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia