I want to take my mom on a trip to Wales and England. Her ancestors are Welsh but we have never been to Europe. Were both in good health, (for now) but she is a little limited with knee problems. I have been looking at bus type tours, but they are sooo expensive. Would love some tips and ideas about pros and cons of the pay one price and they take care of the driving and hotel arrangements versus the do it yourself for a first timer trip. I am quite comfortable traveling in the US, just a wee bit nervous about making all the arrangements and driving in England and Wales. Tips? Itinerary? Help?! We are hoping to go this upcoming fall....
Best way to see England and Wales, mother daughter bucket list trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 2 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 3 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 4 German Wings
- 5 Sea side in Italy
- 6 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 7 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 8 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 9 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 10 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 11 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 12 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Booking Engines You trust?
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 17 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 18 Using Obb website
- 19 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 20 Milan underground
- 21 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 22 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!
- 23 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 24 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 25 Budapest Favorites