I will be renting an apartment in Paris and I was wondering what most people do for paying their security deposit? It is a large amount--1800 euros, and I will be paying the balance of the apt rent as well--900 euros). Do people typically bring it as US$ and change it at the airport? Or hunt around for a real bank to get a better conversion rate (inconvenient with bags and two kids?). Or bring it all from US as euros? I hear that you get the best conversion rate when you are in Europe withdrawing from an ATM, but I won't be able to withdraw such a large amount on my first day (bank limits). I planned on doing travelers checks (in case of theft) until I found out I would lose $300--American express has different rates when you buy/sell euros. I am assuming I will get the deposit back and have to cash them when I am back in the states. Any advice is appreciated!
Best way to pay for Paris apt security deposit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 3 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 4 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 5 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 6 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 7 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 8 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 9 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 10 travel to western Europe from India
- 11 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 12 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 13 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 14 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice, France
- 15 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 16 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 17 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 18 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 19 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 20 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 21 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 22 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 23 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 24 Moroccan food in Paris
- 25 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice