I will be renting an apartment in Paris and I was wondering what most people do for paying their security deposit? It is a large amount--1800 euros, and I will be paying the balance of the apt rent as well--900 euros). Do people typically bring it as US$ and change it at the airport? Or hunt around for a real bank to get a better conversion rate (inconvenient with bags and two kids?). Or bring it all from US as euros? I hear that you get the best conversion rate when you are in Europe withdrawing from an ATM, but I won't be able to withdraw such a large amount on my first day (bank limits). I planned on doing travelers checks (in case of theft) until I found out I would lose $300--American express has different rates when you buy/sell euros. I am assuming I will get the deposit back and have to cash them when I am back in the states. Any advice is appreciated!
Best way to pay for Paris apt security deposit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 2 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 3 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 4 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 5 Lucerne Switzerland
- 6 London city Best option for transit
- 7 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 8 Central Europe itinerary
- 9 First visit to France in November
- 10 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 11 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 14 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 15 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 16 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 17 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 18 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 19 at what point should one get health insurance
- 20 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 21 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 22 Europe in December for 10 days
- 23 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 24 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 25 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal