Two 60 year olds...love hiking...being outdoors...photography...possibly doing a self guided hike for several days...love driving around finding out of the way places...will be renting a house for most of the time...enjoy being in smaller villages...shopping in markets and cooking our own food.
Planning a last minute trip to France. Last week of September first week of October 2013. First question is which is the best airport to fly in to. We will be coming from Philadelphia (USA) International Airport. I have seen flight from PHL to Paris to Toulouse. These are the same price if we were to just get off in Paris.
Is there another main airport people use to get there or is Paris the best route?
Is there a better town to fly into once we have arrived in Paris (USA Airways takes us to Toulouse through Paris with just the one stop in Paris)? Is Bordeaux a better option?
Is it better to train down from Paris to a specific village?
We might be doing a self-guided hike but not sure yet. Working out a twisted ankle currently. That is why everything is up in the air. We will still go even if the hiking is out but will plan accordingly. That is why I am concentrating on the flight first.
I guess at this point I should say we haven't even decided which village to stay in yet. I will be checking out some rentals but I wanted to figure out which way to get there. First things first.
Ideas on Best town to rent a car from and return. Suggestions on Favorite Car Rental companies or brokers?
Suggestions on Favorite Villages to plant ourselves in for 2 weeks or maybe 1 week one place and a few days somewhere else.
I have read many posts and I am getting confused as I usually do from all the great suggestions.
Anyone done any self-guided hikes I have seen a few companies on other forums and have used a few in the past for Italy and Spain. Any suggestions of ones used appreciated.
I have seen many suggestions on gites but please chime in on your favorite rentals and companies used to book.
WOW I am out of breath so I will stop for now.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 5 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 6 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 7 Planning A trip
- 8 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 11 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 12 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 Castle Stays in Wales
- 15 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 19 Can parking
- 20 italy Cinque Terre
- 21 San Sebastián
- 22 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 23 Zurich to Milan trip
- 24 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
Best way to get to The Dordogne area of France and other questions