We are thinking about a trip to Italy and Greece with our kids (will be 7 year old twins). I would initially like to know if anyone has any suggestions about the best way to get from Italy to Greece or vice versa. What is most comfortable and fastest and what are the comparable prices? I guess one thing I'm wondering is from where should we plan on departing/arriving when we want to travel between these two countries.
By way of background, we haven't planned hardly anything yet, but I do know that we will want to go to Venice and Athens, at least one island in Greece and probably a beach town in Italy or maybe someplace in Tuscany or Umbria with a pool.
My husband and I have been to Italy a few times, but never to Greece. This would be the kids first trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 English Countryside
- 10 Tour of Northern Italy
- 11 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 12 Cognac transportation?
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 16 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 17 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 San Sebastian
- 20 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 21 Hotel in Vienna
- 22 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 An hour and ten min enough for connection?