We are thinking about a trip to Italy and Greece with our kids (will be 7 year old twins). I would initially like to know if anyone has any suggestions about the best way to get from Italy to Greece or vice versa. What is most comfortable and fastest and what are the comparable prices? I guess one thing I'm wondering is from where should we plan on departing/arriving when we want to travel between these two countries.
By way of background, we haven't planned hardly anything yet, but I do know that we will want to go to Venice and Athens, at least one island in Greece and probably a beach town in Italy or maybe someplace in Tuscany or Umbria with a pool.
My husband and I have been to Italy a few times, but never to Greece. This would be the kids first trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 2 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 8 Lyon france-- rental car
- 9 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 10 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 14 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Greece mainland and islands
- 17 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 18 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 19 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 20 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 23 Oyster card?
- 24 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler