We are thinking about a trip to Italy and Greece with our kids (will be 7 year old twins). I would initially like to know if anyone has any suggestions about the best way to get from Italy to Greece or vice versa. What is most comfortable and fastest and what are the comparable prices? I guess one thing I'm wondering is from where should we plan on departing/arriving when we want to travel between these two countries.
By way of background, we haven't planned hardly anything yet, but I do know that we will want to go to Venice and Athens, at least one island in Greece and probably a beach town in Italy or maybe someplace in Tuscany or Umbria with a pool.
My husband and I have been to Italy a few times, but never to Greece. This would be the kids first trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 2 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 3 3 nights in Madrid
- 4 Quite Possibly the Best Mobile Phone/SIM Deal
- 5 Help me make this possible!
- 6 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 7 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 8 London Hotel - Different Request
- 9 IWM
- 10 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 11 alcazar question and seville advice
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 14 London in Winter Report
- 15 Iceland trip report!
- 16 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 20 Anniversary trip to France
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 25 Paris and Normandy