Hi again everyone,
I have a rough itinerary of our tour around Switzerland thanks to your help planning, and just need to decide where to leave from...
Currently, we will be leaving Switzerland from Zermatt, and due to being restricted to public transport, will be taking a train to Como in Italy. As per maps and the train itinerary, this is going to take us anywhere from 5.5hrs to 6.5hrs, and that's just the journey alone...
Is it a scenic journey from Zermatt to Como and therefore, worth the travel time? Or am I better off switching my itenerary, leaving from Lucerne and heading south to Como? This journey is around 3.5hrs and seems to have less change overs.
To give some background, my plan was as follows:
1) Arrive in Lucerne,Stay 2 x nights
2 Travel via train to Lauterbrunnen, stay 3 x nights
3) Travel via train to Zermatt, stay for 2 x nights.
I can switch the Itinerary around to Zermat, Lauterbrunnen then Lucerne, so just need to know which will work better!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Short Trip in July
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 Things to do in Brussels
- 5 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 6 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 9 Naxos car rental
- 10 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 11 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 12 K-Day
- 13 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 14 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 15 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 16 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 17 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 18 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Campervan in Croatia
- 22 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 23 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 UK Visa Help
Hi again everyone,