Hi again everyone,
I have a rough itinerary of our tour around Switzerland thanks to your help planning, and just need to decide where to leave from...
Currently, we will be leaving Switzerland from Zermatt, and due to being restricted to public transport, will be taking a train to Como in Italy. As per maps and the train itinerary, this is going to take us anywhere from 5.5hrs to 6.5hrs, and that's just the journey alone...
Is it a scenic journey from Zermatt to Como and therefore, worth the travel time? Or am I better off switching my itenerary, leaving from Lucerne and heading south to Como? This journey is around 3.5hrs and seems to have less change overs.
To give some background, my plan was as follows:
1) Arrive in Lucerne,Stay 2 x nights
2 Travel via train to Lauterbrunnen, stay 3 x nights
3) Travel via train to Zermatt, stay for 2 x nights.
I can switch the Itinerary around to Zermat, Lauterbrunnen then Lucerne, so just need to know which will work better!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthpurelives.com/max-grow-xtreme/
- 2 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 3 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 4 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 5 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 6 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 7 Ischia
- 8 What do after Bernia Express?
- 9 Germany family road trip help!
- 10 France, UK and Ireland
- 11 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 12 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 13 Rouen Tour Companies
- 14 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 18 First time in London
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 scotland
- 23 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
Hi again everyone,