My husband and I are planning a trip to Scotland in mid-May 2008. We will be going to London first for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party and then on to St. Andrews. Can anyone advise on the easiest and/or cheapest way to get from London to St. Andrews? Train to Ediburgh then rent a car or take train to nearest station? Flight to Edinburgh and then rent a car? If flight is best option, does anyone know which of the cheap UK airlines flies to Edinburgh from London (Ryanair seems to go to Glasgow only). We'll be traveling with a 4-year old. Thanks for your advice.
Best Way to Get from London to St. Andrews?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 2 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 3 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 4 Salzburg and day trips
- 5 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 6 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 7 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 Skiing in France
- 10 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 11 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 12 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 13 Travelling within schegen while extension is pending
- 14 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 16 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 17 Questions for this who visited Russia!
- 18 Museums in Berlin
- 19 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 20 Burgundy for 3 nights based in Beaune
- 21 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 22 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 23 Aalsmeer, Holland Flower Market Is a Changing but...
- 24 Spain traffic tickets
- 25 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?