I will be traveling in Germany in mid August and my friend is meeting me there mid-trip. We will try to meet up somewhere in Germany and then we need to travel to Romania together for a friend's wedding. The wedding is in Brasov. We are weighing our options from getting to Germany to Romania. There are a number of flights but none of them are particularly cheap (especially after you add up all the crazy fees!). Taking a train is also not as cheap as we thought, and the train seems to take forever. We were considering taking a night train from Berlin to Budapest, spending a day in Budapest, and then spending the following night in a train to Brasov, making the loooonnnng train ride more tolerable and relatively affordable. Anyone have any experience going from Germany to Romania? Any suggestions? Our schedule is flexible but our budget is not- we're both students and the less money spent the better.
Best way to get from Germany to Romania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 2 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 train to Vernon France
- 5 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 8 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 12 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 20 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 nearby cities to london
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 9 days in turkey