I will be traveling in Germany in mid August and my friend is meeting me there mid-trip. We will try to meet up somewhere in Germany and then we need to travel to Romania together for a friend's wedding. The wedding is in Brasov. We are weighing our options from getting to Germany to Romania. There are a number of flights but none of them are particularly cheap (especially after you add up all the crazy fees!). Taking a train is also not as cheap as we thought, and the train seems to take forever. We were considering taking a night train from Berlin to Budapest, spending a day in Budapest, and then spending the following night in a train to Brasov, making the loooonnnng train ride more tolerable and relatively affordable. Anyone have any experience going from Germany to Romania? Any suggestions? Our schedule is flexible but our budget is not- we're both students and the less money spent the better.
Best way to get from Germany to Romania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reykjavik hotels
- 2 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 5 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 6 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 7 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 9 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 10 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 11 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 12 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 13 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 14 Norway 2014
- 15 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 18 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 19 I dream of Europe
- 20 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 21 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 22 First Time to UK since 2001
- 23 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 24 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 25 Backpacking Europe in the Winter