I will be traveling in Germany in mid August and my friend is meeting me there mid-trip. We will try to meet up somewhere in Germany and then we need to travel to Romania together for a friend's wedding. The wedding is in Brasov. We are weighing our options from getting to Germany to Romania. There are a number of flights but none of them are particularly cheap (especially after you add up all the crazy fees!). Taking a train is also not as cheap as we thought, and the train seems to take forever. We were considering taking a night train from Berlin to Budapest, spending a day in Budapest, and then spending the following night in a train to Brasov, making the loooonnnng train ride more tolerable and relatively affordable. Anyone have any experience going from Germany to Romania? Any suggestions? Our schedule is flexible but our budget is not- we're both students and the less money spent the better.
Best way to get from Germany to Romania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 2 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 3 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 4 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 5 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 6 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 7 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 8 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Trip to Pyrenees
- 11 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 12 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 13 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 Vacation Pictures
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 22 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 23 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 24 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 25 Purse week?