I will be traveling in Germany in mid August and my friend is meeting me there mid-trip. We will try to meet up somewhere in Germany and then we need to travel to Romania together for a friend's wedding. The wedding is in Brasov. We are weighing our options from getting to Germany to Romania. There are a number of flights but none of them are particularly cheap (especially after you add up all the crazy fees!). Taking a train is also not as cheap as we thought, and the train seems to take forever. We were considering taking a night train from Berlin to Budapest, spending a day in Budapest, and then spending the following night in a train to Brasov, making the loooonnnng train ride more tolerable and relatively affordable. Anyone have any experience going from Germany to Romania? Any suggestions? Our schedule is flexible but our budget is not- we're both students and the less money spent the better.
Best way to get from Germany to Romania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rocamaxour
- 2 Home Base in Belgium
- 3 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 4 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 5 Now for the Venice hotel
- 6 London Pass
- 7 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 8 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 9 Day Trips from Paris
- 10 Potential trip - Balkans
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 13 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 14 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 15 A Week in Spain
- 16 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 17 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 18 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 19 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 20 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 21 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 22 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 23 week in scotland
- 24 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 25 Innsbruck and surroundings