I will be traveling in Germany in mid August and my friend is meeting me there mid-trip. We will try to meet up somewhere in Germany and then we need to travel to Romania together for a friend's wedding. The wedding is in Brasov. We are weighing our options from getting to Germany to Romania. There are a number of flights but none of them are particularly cheap (especially after you add up all the crazy fees!). Taking a train is also not as cheap as we thought, and the train seems to take forever. We were considering taking a night train from Berlin to Budapest, spending a day in Budapest, and then spending the following night in a train to Brasov, making the loooonnnng train ride more tolerable and relatively affordable. Anyone have any experience going from Germany to Romania? Any suggestions? Our schedule is flexible but our budget is not- we're both students and the less money spent the better.
Best way to get from Germany to Romania
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 banger rally around europe?
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Trip around Spain
- 18 Trieste as a day trip?
- 19 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 22 Spain - Andalucia
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 One more last question on Bayeux
- 25 Question-- York & North York Moors