I will be travelling with my wife on our honeymoon in France, Italy and Greece, but I have hit a bit of a road block in trying to find the best way to get from chamonix to venice. We didn't want to drive, partly because of some of the large fees for dropping the rental car off in venice but also as it is quite a long drive. If we were to fly, where is the best place to fly from? Or is it better to bus and/or train?
We have been leaning toward bus and train rather than flying because we haven't been able to find any flights that were either reasonably priced or much quicker (as I could only find flights from lyon/paris).
Bit confused, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 7 Spain in November
- 8 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 9 Night Bus?
- 10 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 11 Shall we Gdansk?
- 12 What Car Rental Agency in Italy?
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 15 3 days outside Venice
- 16 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 17 Jewish Vienna
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 22 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 23 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...