I will be travelling with my wife on our honeymoon in France, Italy and Greece, but I have hit a bit of a road block in trying to find the best way to get from chamonix to venice. We didn't want to drive, partly because of some of the large fees for dropping the rental car off in venice but also as it is quite a long drive. If we were to fly, where is the best place to fly from? Or is it better to bus and/or train?
We have been leaning toward bus and train rather than flying because we haven't been able to find any flights that were either reasonably priced or much quicker (as I could only find flights from lyon/paris).
Bit confused, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 2 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 Need Information about French Alps
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 7 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 13 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 16 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 17 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 18 Trip to Rome
- 19 Best Indian Food
- 20 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings