I will be travelling with my wife on our honeymoon in France, Italy and Greece, but I have hit a bit of a road block in trying to find the best way to get from chamonix to venice. We didn't want to drive, partly because of some of the large fees for dropping the rental car off in venice but also as it is quite a long drive. If we were to fly, where is the best place to fly from? Or is it better to bus and/or train?
We have been leaning toward bus and train rather than flying because we haven't been able to find any flights that were either reasonably priced or much quicker (as I could only find flights from lyon/paris).
Bit confused, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 3 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 4 vienna
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 7 Questions about Polish sights
- 8 Bernina Express mid-March
- 9 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 12 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Juangfrau / mt
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input