Hello fellow travelers!
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as we are currently planning our honeymoon trip to Greece (Isles) and Italy (Amalfi Coast). We are in our mid-late 20s, adventurous, want to relax and party, experience history and culture, eat delicious food, and take lots of photos!
Tue 8/25: Fly out of US
Wed 8/26: Arrive in Athens, fly to Mykonos (which regional airline is best? Should we prepay for bags?)
Wed 8/26 - Sun 8/30: Mykonos (beaches, day/night clubs)
Sun 8/30: Ferry to Santorini (which ferry is best/fastest?)
Sun 8/30 - Fri 9/4: Santorini (planning to stay in Oia, Fira/Oia hike, wineries, beaches)
Fri 9/4: Ferry or fly to Athens (recommendations for either?)
Fri 9/4 - Sun 9/6: Athens (Acropolis, Plaka, Kolonaki, maybe nightclub on water)
Sun 9/6: Fly to Naples (or fly to Rome? Can't find flights for Sunday out of Athens to Naples)
Sun 9/6: Arrive in Naples or Rome, take train to Sorrento (or hire driver?)
Sun 9/6 - Wed 9/9: Sorrento (also day trip to Capri, Blue Grotto, maybe Pompeii)
Wed 9/9 - Fri 9/11: Driver to Amalfi (also explore Positano, maybe Vietri/Ravello/Praiano - suggestions?)
Fri 9/11: Driver to Naples or driver to Sorrento, then train to Naples (meet local friends, explore city a bit, see where pizza was made)
Sat 9/12: Train to Rome, fly out of Rome to US
We are fairly happy with our itinerary. We are still deciding whether we want to do four nights in Mykonos and five nights in Santorini OR vice versa. Recommendations?
Our main concern is that we can't seem to find a direct flight out of Athens into Naples on Sunday 9/6. I see these flights are available on Saturday and a few other weekdays (on Easyjet and Meridiana). We could fly into Rome, but we prefer not to, as it looks more expensive and we don't want to spend all day taking trains (or driving) from Rome to Naples to Sorrento.
Should we change our itinerary and spend one less day in Sorrento and fly out of Athens and directly into Naples on Monday 9/7? Then we would add an extra day in either Mykonos or Santorini, keeping Athens the same.
Should we take a day away from Mykonos or Santorini, then do Athens (Thur-Sat), leaving on the direct from Athens to Naples on Saturday, still spend three nights in Sorrento as planned (Sat-Tues), and then add the extra day onto Amalfi (Tues-Fri)?
Also, any recommendations for hotels in Mykonos, Santorini, and Amalfi? We already booked Athens (Hilton), Sorrento (Hilton), and Naples (Marriott) as we are using points (we can switch our reservations days around if necessary at no charge I believe). We also have American Airlines points that we can use in (and around) Amalfi for these hotels (haven't researched them, if anyone has stayed there, please share experience):
Hotel Residence - Amalfi
Locanda Costa Diva
Locanda Del Fiordo
Torre Saracena Hotel
Grand Hotel Excelsior Amalfi
Il Saraceno Grand Hotel
Hostaria di Bacco
Santa Lucia Hotel
Hotel Dei Cavalieri
Looking forward to any and all responses! I know this post is long as I was trying to be as thorough as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 우리바카라【开【 SSK68。CoM 】开】슈퍼카지노우리바카라
- 2 강원랜드바카라【非【 SSK68。CoM 】非】슈퍼카지노강원랜드바카라
- 3 강원랜드바카라【非【 SSK68。CoM 】非】슈퍼카지노강원랜드바카라
- 4 정선바카라【非【 SSK68。CoM 】非】슈퍼카지노정선바카라
- 5 정선바카라【际【 SSK68。CoM 】际】슈퍼카지노정선바카라
- 6 다모아바카라【下【 SSK68。CoM 】下】슈퍼카지노다모아바카라
- 7 태양성바카라【过【 SSK68。CoM 】过】슈퍼카지노태양성바카라
- 8 썬시티바카라【送【 SSK68。CoM 】送】슈퍼카지노썬시티바카라
- 9 썬시티바카라【送【 SSK68。CoM 】送】슈퍼카지노썬시티바카라
- 10 에이플러스바카라【多【 SSK68。CoM 】多】슈퍼카지노에이플러스바카라
- 11 플러스바카라【立【 SSK68。CoM 】立】슈퍼카지노플러스바카라
- 12 월드바카라【少【 SSK68。CoM 】少】슈퍼카지노월드바카라
- 13 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 14 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 15 Another Book List for Italy
- 16 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 17 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 20 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 21 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 22 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 23 Venice
- 24 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 25 Frustrated about Smolensk
Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
Hello fellow travelers!