Hello I am leaving for Rome,Italy this march and i read one of your thread here before saying its better to withdraw from the ATM machine in Italy then to exchange here in USA. My question is that is the exchange rate lower from the ATM machine then bringing dollar and exchanging it there inside their bank since there is a withdrawal charge from the ATM machine? Is there any difference on the conversion rate if i exchange it through the Italy teller machine and in ATM machine? And by any chance does anyone know if the Italian banks in the airport (FCO) charges for any ATM transactions/withdrawals?
Best way to EXCHANGE US TO EURO.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 banger rally around europe?
- 3 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 One more last question on Bayeux
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Spain - Andalucia
- 12 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 15 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 16 Trip around Spain
- 17 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 18 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 24 Medieval Tallinn
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome