This seems like it should be simple but my daughter keeps asking questions that I'm not sure I know the answers to. She leaves London on Monday and has about 1,000 pounds in an HSBC account. She wants to close the account. I suggested she send me the money on Paypal in dollars and I'd send it back to her in a few days. She says that Paypal will delay the transfer. Can she ask the bank to give her a check? If she arrives in the US with a British check denoted in pounds, will they just let her deposit it to her US account? She'd rather not carry the cash back. She also said that when she returned from Rome, US Customs asked her about how much money she was carrying (Euros, I guess.) I was never asked this so I'm not sure why she was. Any suggestions?
Best way to close a British bank account and bring cash back to US
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 5 best time to book accommodation
- 6 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 7 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 10 London visit
- 11 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 12 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 16 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 17 No points in Paris .....
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 Pompeii train to Naples
- 21 Small group for Colosseum
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 24 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 25 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?