This seems like it should be simple but my daughter keeps asking questions that I'm not sure I know the answers to. She leaves London on Monday and has about 1,000 pounds in an HSBC account. She wants to close the account. I suggested she send me the money on Paypal in dollars and I'd send it back to her in a few days. She says that Paypal will delay the transfer. Can she ask the bank to give her a check? If she arrives in the US with a British check denoted in pounds, will they just let her deposit it to her US account? She'd rather not carry the cash back. She also said that when she returned from Rome, US Customs asked her about how much money she was carrying (Euros, I guess.) I was never asked this so I'm not sure why she was. Any suggestions?
Best way to close a British bank account and bring cash back to US
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 2 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 3 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 4 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Day trip on the Rhine
- 8 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 9 Avignon to London?
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 11 Swiss rail passes
- 12 Day trips
- 13 Europe in 21 days
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 16 Day trip from London to Paris
- 17 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 18 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 19 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 20 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 nearby cities to london
- 25 Honeymoon Villa rental - Santorini or Mykonos