This seems like it should be simple but my daughter keeps asking questions that I'm not sure I know the answers to. She leaves London on Monday and has about 1,000 pounds in an HSBC account. She wants to close the account. I suggested she send me the money on Paypal in dollars and I'd send it back to her in a few days. She says that Paypal will delay the transfer. Can she ask the bank to give her a check? If she arrives in the US with a British check denoted in pounds, will they just let her deposit it to her US account? She'd rather not carry the cash back. She also said that when she returned from Rome, US Customs asked her about how much money she was carrying (Euros, I guess.) I was never asked this so I'm not sure why she was. Any suggestions?
Best way to close a British bank account and bring cash back to US
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 italy
- 3 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 4 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 5 Side trip from Geneva
- 6 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 7 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 8 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 9 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 10 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 13 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 14 21 Days in Central Europe
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 17 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 20 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 21 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 24 Nice hotel (preferably with views) in Etretat, France?
- 25 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)