This seems like it should be simple but my daughter keeps asking questions that I'm not sure I know the answers to. She leaves London on Monday and has about 1,000 pounds in an HSBC account. She wants to close the account. I suggested she send me the money on Paypal in dollars and I'd send it back to her in a few days. She says that Paypal will delay the transfer. Can she ask the bank to give her a check? If she arrives in the US with a British check denoted in pounds, will they just let her deposit it to her US account? She'd rather not carry the cash back. She also said that when she returned from Rome, US Customs asked her about how much money she was carrying (Euros, I guess.) I was never asked this so I'm not sure why she was. Any suggestions?
Best way to close a British bank account and bring cash back to US
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 2 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 3 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 4 Amsterdam restaurants
- 5 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 6 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 7 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 8 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 9 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 10 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 11 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 12 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 13 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 14 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 15 Is Capri overrated?
- 16 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 17 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 18 9 days in switzerland
- 19 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 20 Train des Pignes
- 21 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 22 Has anyone used Hop Airlines?
- 23 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?