I have been absolutely stunned by the openness and willingness of people to give travel advice on this forum, so I'm back with one more question.
I am going to Europe in a few weeks, on a cruise which will take me from Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden, where I will spend 4 days after I disembark the cruise.
I'm not quite sure why, but I made my airfare roundtrip from Oslo, which means, on Monday, June 25th, I will check out of my hotel - Scandic Grand Central, Stockholm, Sweden and need to get myself to Oslo International Airport (OSL) in Gardemoen.
Originally, my plan was to take a 6 hour train ride from Stockholm to Oslo, but then I realized I would have to take a separate train from Central Oslo to OSL (fly2get, I believe?).
With the time spent on the trains, and cost of trains, would it not behoove me to just take a from Central Station, Stockholm, (outside of my hotel) to Arlanda International Airport (ARN), and then fly from Stockholm to Oslo (OSL)? I can get a flight for $79.80 with taxes/fees.
Of course, I still have to book a hotel in Oslo overnight, near the hotel, but I suppose that can't be avoided, unless OSL stays open airside 24/7?
Thank you for your advice!
Best Way from Stockholm to Oslo Airport (Gardermoen)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 4 Dublin Tour Companies
- 5 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 6 Day trips from Seville
- 7 Oktoberfest reservations
- 8 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 9 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 10 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 11 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 12 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 17 What still confounds you about travel?
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids