I have been absolutely stunned by the openness and willingness of people to give travel advice on this forum, so I'm back with one more question.
I am going to Europe in a few weeks, on a cruise which will take me from Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden, where I will spend 4 days after I disembark the cruise.
I'm not quite sure why, but I made my airfare roundtrip from Oslo, which means, on Monday, June 25th, I will check out of my hotel - Scandic Grand Central, Stockholm, Sweden and need to get myself to Oslo International Airport (OSL) in Gardemoen.
Originally, my plan was to take a 6 hour train ride from Stockholm to Oslo, but then I realized I would have to take a separate train from Central Oslo to OSL (fly2get, I believe?).
With the time spent on the trains, and cost of trains, would it not behoove me to just take a from Central Station, Stockholm, (outside of my hotel) to Arlanda International Airport (ARN), and then fly from Stockholm to Oslo (OSL)? I can get a flight for $79.80 with taxes/fees.
Of course, I still have to book a hotel in Oslo overnight, near the hotel, but I suppose that can't be avoided, unless OSL stays open airside 24/7?
Thank you for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Night Bus?
- 4 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 5 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 6 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 9 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 12 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 13 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 16 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 17 Spain in November
- 18 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 19 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 20 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 21 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 22 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 23 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Itinerary Help: France in Late September