I have been absolutely stunned by the openness and willingness of people to give travel advice on this forum, so I'm back with one more question.
I am going to Europe in a few weeks, on a cruise which will take me from Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden, where I will spend 4 days after I disembark the cruise.
I'm not quite sure why, but I made my airfare roundtrip from Oslo, which means, on Monday, June 25th, I will check out of my hotel - Scandic Grand Central, Stockholm, Sweden and need to get myself to Oslo International Airport (OSL) in Gardemoen.
Originally, my plan was to take a 6 hour train ride from Stockholm to Oslo, but then I realized I would have to take a separate train from Central Oslo to OSL (fly2get, I believe?).
With the time spent on the trains, and cost of trains, would it not behoove me to just take a from Central Station, Stockholm, (outside of my hotel) to Arlanda International Airport (ARN), and then fly from Stockholm to Oslo (OSL)? I can get a flight for $79.80 with taxes/fees.
Of course, I still have to book a hotel in Oslo overnight, near the hotel, but I suppose that can't be avoided, unless OSL stays open airside 24/7?
Thank you for your advice!
Best Way from Stockholm to Oslo Airport (Gardermoen)
- 1 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 2 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 3 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 4 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 5 Riquewihr, France, recommended accommodation
- 6 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 7 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 8 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 9 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 10 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 11 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 12 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 13 Monaco to Paris
- 14 EuropeanDestinations
- 15 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 16 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 17 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 18 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 19 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 20 just want to know
- 21 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 22 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 23 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 24 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 25 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???