I have been absolutely stunned by the openness and willingness of people to give travel advice on this forum, so I'm back with one more question.
I am going to Europe in a few weeks, on a cruise which will take me from Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden, where I will spend 4 days after I disembark the cruise.
I'm not quite sure why, but I made my airfare roundtrip from Oslo, which means, on Monday, June 25th, I will check out of my hotel - Scandic Grand Central, Stockholm, Sweden and need to get myself to Oslo International Airport (OSL) in Gardemoen.
Originally, my plan was to take a 6 hour train ride from Stockholm to Oslo, but then I realized I would have to take a separate train from Central Oslo to OSL (fly2get, I believe?).
With the time spent on the trains, and cost of trains, would it not behoove me to just take a from Central Station, Stockholm, (outside of my hotel) to Arlanda International Airport (ARN), and then fly from Stockholm to Oslo (OSL)? I can get a flight for $79.80 with taxes/fees.
Of course, I still have to book a hotel in Oslo overnight, near the hotel, but I suppose that can't be avoided, unless OSL stays open airside 24/7?
Thank you for your advice!
Best Way from Stockholm to Oslo Airport (Gardermoen)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 4 Transport in Venice
- 5 England & Scotland in April
- 6 How to structure this trip?
- 7 Wengen to Torino?
- 8 When to go to Sicily
- 9 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 10 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 11 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 12 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 13 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 14 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 15 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 16 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 17 Prebook B&Bs
- 18 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 19 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 Rome Areas to stay
- 22 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 23 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 24 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 25 Italy - Month of July