I have been absolutely stunned by the openness and willingness of people to give travel advice on this forum, so I'm back with one more question.
I am going to Europe in a few weeks, on a cruise which will take me from Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden, where I will spend 4 days after I disembark the cruise.
I'm not quite sure why, but I made my airfare roundtrip from Oslo, which means, on Monday, June 25th, I will check out of my hotel - Scandic Grand Central, Stockholm, Sweden and need to get myself to Oslo International Airport (OSL) in Gardemoen.
Originally, my plan was to take a 6 hour train ride from Stockholm to Oslo, but then I realized I would have to take a separate train from Central Oslo to OSL (fly2get, I believe?).
With the time spent on the trains, and cost of trains, would it not behoove me to just take a from Central Station, Stockholm, (outside of my hotel) to Arlanda International Airport (ARN), and then fly from Stockholm to Oslo (OSL)? I can get a flight for $79.80 with taxes/fees.
Of course, I still have to book a hotel in Oslo overnight, near the hotel, but I suppose that can't be avoided, unless OSL stays open airside 24/7?
Thank you for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3/4/ days South of France
- 2 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 3 21 nights in England, please help
- 4 Some travel wisdom
- 5 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 6 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 7 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 8 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 9 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 10 Trains from Granada
- 11 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 12 Iceland-another itinerary help request
- 13 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 14 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 15 Alhambra
- 16 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 17 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 18 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 19 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 20 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 21 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 22 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 23 Florence and Rome
- 24 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG