Thinking of an upcoming trip, TBD...
Has anyone done any hiking (or for that matter driving) near Etretat in order to see the cliffs from a higher vantage point? Any tips - entrance points for hikes, or a particularly good spot to drive up and take photos looking down/across at the cliffs?
I could probably figure this out on the fly but thought I'd ask especially since this is likely to be just one day from an upcoming trip I am considering. I'm also debating if I should make this village an overnight instead of Rouen in order to have a shot at some sunrise photos.
I would be on another Monet quest - and Rouen and Etretat figure into that. I've been to Giverny twice and won't decide until later if I will make a third stop there or not.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 2 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 3 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 4 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 5 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 6 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 7 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 8 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 9 England and Wales by public transport
- 10 Our European adventures
- 11 Walking Scotland
- 12 Naples or Genoa
- 13 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 14 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 15 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 16 Travel WiFi - France
- 17 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 18 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 19 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 20 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 21 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 22 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 23 Planning Advice!
- 24 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 25 Greece in 15 Days