Thinking of an upcoming trip, TBD...
Has anyone done any hiking (or for that matter driving) near Etretat in order to see the cliffs from a higher vantage point? Any tips - entrance points for hikes, or a particularly good spot to drive up and take photos looking down/across at the cliffs?
I could probably figure this out on the fly but thought I'd ask especially since this is likely to be just one day from an upcoming trip I am considering. I'm also debating if I should make this village an overnight instead of Rouen in order to have a shot at some sunrise photos.
I would be on another Monet quest - and Rouen and Etretat figure into that. I've been to Giverny twice and won't decide until later if I will make a third stop there or not.
Best vantage point(s) to see the Etretat cliffs?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 2 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 3 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 4 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 5 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 6 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 7 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 8 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 9 How long in Venice?
- 10 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 11 atm cards in Spain
- 12 First Time Going to Europe
- 13 Traditional food in Athens
- 14 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 15 Cotswolds village base
- 16 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 17 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 18 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 19 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 20 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 21 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 22 weather in Veneto area in September
- 23 Germany Visa for conference
- 24 Hotel in Rome?
- 25 Greek Ferries in October - Q's