My husband, daughter (15) and I are going to be spending the week of August 4-11 in Iceland. We plan on renting a car and consider ourselves pretty active. We did a 5 night camping/hiking trek in Peru a couple months ago and my husband and I are both marathon runners. I don't mind a bit of driving, and frankly, I'm happy to do day hikes (and sleep indoors!) and I want to make sure I don't miss the important natural wonders. So, any suggestions? Should we plan on doing the entire Golden Circle or plan on concentrating our time in a few places?
Best use of 8 days/7 nights in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much luggage?????
- 2 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 3 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 4 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 5 plug adapters ITALY
- 6 Tour Iceland Safely On Line (Video + Stills)
- 7 10 days to Explore Europe
- 8 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 9 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 10 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 11 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 12 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 13 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 14 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 15 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 16 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 17 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 18 Help with France itinerary
- 19 German Rail Twin Pass
- 20 London restaurants
- 21 White Villages base?
- 22 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 23 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 24 biking in France
- 25 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station