My husband, daughter (15) and I are going to be spending the week of August 4-11 in Iceland. We plan on renting a car and consider ourselves pretty active. We did a 5 night camping/hiking trek in Peru a couple months ago and my husband and I are both marathon runners. I don't mind a bit of driving, and frankly, I'm happy to do day hikes (and sleep indoors!) and I want to make sure I don't miss the important natural wonders. So, any suggestions? Should we plan on doing the entire Golden Circle or plan on concentrating our time in a few places?
Best use of 8 days/7 nights in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 2 Monaco to Paris on Monday June 1st to catch 5pm flight from CDG to JFK
- 3 Pousadas
- 4 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 5 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 6 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 7 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 8 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 11 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 12 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 13 Scotland
- 14 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 15 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 16 Change in Travel
- 17 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 18 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 19 ireland
- 20 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 21 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 22 Some Ireland enjoyment tips
- 23 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 24 Any other tour/sightseeing sites, besides Viator???
- 25 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France