My husband, daughter (15) and I are going to be spending the week of August 4-11 in Iceland. We plan on renting a car and consider ourselves pretty active. We did a 5 night camping/hiking trek in Peru a couple months ago and my husband and I are both marathon runners. I don't mind a bit of driving, and frankly, I'm happy to do day hikes (and sleep indoors!) and I want to make sure I don't miss the important natural wonders. So, any suggestions? Should we plan on doing the entire Golden Circle or plan on concentrating our time in a few places?
Best use of 8 days/7 nights in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 3 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 4 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 5 Chip but no PIN
- 6 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 7 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 8 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 9 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 Stay near Paris
- 12 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 13 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 14 Oktoberfest reservations
- 15 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 16 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 17 Eurostar booking
- 18 Questions for my German friends
- 19 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 20 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 21 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 22 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 23 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 24 What to wear
- 25 italy