My husband, daughter (15) and I are going to be spending the week of August 4-11 in Iceland. We plan on renting a car and consider ourselves pretty active. We did a 5 night camping/hiking trek in Peru a couple months ago and my husband and I are both marathon runners. I don't mind a bit of driving, and frankly, I'm happy to do day hikes (and sleep indoors!) and I want to make sure I don't miss the important natural wonders. So, any suggestions? Should we plan on doing the entire Golden Circle or plan on concentrating our time in a few places?
Best use of 8 days/7 nights in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 2 London Private Detectives
- 3 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 4 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 5 Calling Jamikins
- 6 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 9 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 10 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 11 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 12 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 13 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 16 Europe in 21 days
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 19 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 UK for 12 days !
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do