My husband, daughter (15) and I are going to be spending the week of August 4-11 in Iceland. We plan on renting a car and consider ourselves pretty active. We did a 5 night camping/hiking trek in Peru a couple months ago and my husband and I are both marathon runners. I don't mind a bit of driving, and frankly, I'm happy to do day hikes (and sleep indoors!) and I want to make sure I don't miss the important natural wonders. So, any suggestions? Should we plan on doing the entire Golden Circle or plan on concentrating our time in a few places?
Best use of 8 days/7 nights in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 london in 2.5 days
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 5 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 6 BUDAPEST Accommodations[2weeks]
- 7 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 8 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 9 Two Days in Prague
- 10 Trouble deciding between backpack or wheeled luggage
- 11 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 Escargot
- 14 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 15 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 16 Italy tours
- 17 Pisa or Siena?
- 18 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 20 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 21 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 22 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 23 Best data sim
- 24 3-4 days in Italy before Monaco Conference suggestions
- 25 Tickets for premier league and England games