My husband, daughter (15) and I are going to be spending the week of August 4-11 in Iceland. We plan on renting a car and consider ourselves pretty active. We did a 5 night camping/hiking trek in Peru a couple months ago and my husband and I are both marathon runners. I don't mind a bit of driving, and frankly, I'm happy to do day hikes (and sleep indoors!) and I want to make sure I don't miss the important natural wonders. So, any suggestions? Should we plan on doing the entire Golden Circle or plan on concentrating our time in a few places?
Best use of 8 days/7 nights in Iceland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 10 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 11 2 Week European Itinerary
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 Channel Islands
- 14 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 15 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 16 Car in Prague
- 17 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 18 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 19 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 20 Rome Accommodation
- 21 Istanbul hotels
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 24 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 25 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia