My husband, daughter (15) and I are going to be spending the week of August 4-11 in Iceland. We plan on renting a car and consider ourselves pretty active. We did a 5 night camping/hiking trek in Peru a couple months ago and my husband and I are both marathon runners. I don't mind a bit of driving, and frankly, I'm happy to do day hikes (and sleep indoors!) and I want to make sure I don't miss the important natural wonders. So, any suggestions? Should we plan on doing the entire Golden Circle or plan on concentrating our time in a few places?
Best use of 8 days/7 nights in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 2 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 3 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 4 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 5 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 6 Grad Schools in London?
- 7 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 8 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 9 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 10 Florence Opera
- 11 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 12 Latest Itinerary
- 13 Day trips from Bologna
- 14 Day trips from Bologna
- 15 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 16 spain
- 17 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 18 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 19 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 20 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 21 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 22 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 23 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 24 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 25 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base