Well, my name is Alejandro, I'm writing from South California and the reason of my post is to ask you guys, based on your personal experience, some tips to plan a 10 day vacation trip for me and my spouse through Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany (and maybe Luxembourg), We have been planning to visit Europe since 2007 but we always change our final destination but next year we really want to make it real!
If time and health forbids this would be our first time in Europe so we really want to make good choices or what places we should visit or give priority. So this is all what I know for what I'd read and people have told me: The best way to travel around the mentioned countries is the Euro rail Pass (the Benelux-Germany Pass) but we don't know if this is true and, if it is, for how many "days" we should purchase it. We don't have information about accommodations (to be honest we don't like hostels but we are not pretending to indulge our egos with grant hotels that might be used only for bed and shower).
We were considering to take the next route: Arrive from the US to Brussels (maybe at morning) stayed there for the rest of the day then travel the next day (maybe at the evening) to Bruges and stay there for 2 nights, next stop Den Haag (don't know if this is a good decision) then travel to Amsterdam (we were considering 3 nights perhaps? in Amsterdam), finally, leave The Netherlands to travel to Germany (over there we just don't know what would be the best places to visit and for how long since we will basically have only 10 days to move around once in Europe. We only have a vague idea of what we might find in Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich),
The other thing is that we have to plan well our back home flight and choose whether flight back home from Brussels or Frankfurt (or any other German city). As for Luxembourg, I don;t know guys, what can you say about it? Or Maybe you have another suggestions about our trip.
Thanks a lot ! -Alejandro
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 2 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 3 Passport proplems
- 4 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 5 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 6 Piedmont as a destination
- 7 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 8 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 9 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 12 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 15 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 18 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 19 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 20 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 21 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 22 Itinerary help...
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 25 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels