Well, my name is Alejandro, I'm writing from South California and the reason of my post is to ask you guys, based on your personal experience, some tips to plan a 10 day vacation trip for me and my spouse through Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany (and maybe Luxembourg), We have been planning to visit Europe since 2007 but we always change our final destination but next year we really want to make it real!
If time and health forbids this would be our first time in Europe so we really want to make good choices or what places we should visit or give priority. So this is all what I know for what I'd read and people have told me: The best way to travel around the mentioned countries is the Euro rail Pass (the Benelux-Germany Pass) but we don't know if this is true and, if it is, for how many "days" we should purchase it. We don't have information about accommodations (to be honest we don't like hostels but we are not pretending to indulge our egos with grant hotels that might be used only for bed and shower).
We were considering to take the next route: Arrive from the US to Brussels (maybe at morning) stayed there for the rest of the day then travel the next day (maybe at the evening) to Bruges and stay there for 2 nights, next stop Den Haag (don't know if this is a good decision) then travel to Amsterdam (we were considering 3 nights perhaps? in Amsterdam), finally, leave The Netherlands to travel to Germany (over there we just don't know what would be the best places to visit and for how long since we will basically have only 10 days to move around once in Europe. We only have a vague idea of what we might find in Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich),
The other thing is that we have to plan well our back home flight and choose whether flight back home from Brussels or Frankfurt (or any other German city). As for Luxembourg, I don;t know guys, what can you say about it? Or Maybe you have another suggestions about our trip.
Thanks a lot ! -Alejandro
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 3 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 4 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 13 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 14 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Apartment Montreux area
- 22 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 An evening in London
- 25 Wine Shipping from Puglia