I've just spent one of the best trip in these last five years with my family and I would really like to share this with you guys.
Our trip took place in France, we started in the south of France.
We arrived in Marseilles on May 10th, we rented a car in order to relax for the travel and not to depend on local transports.
Arriving at my Holiday Village in Vaison-la-Romaine, about two hours later, but it didn't seem long because the view was great all along the way. Everyone welcomed us warmly, and showed us our room, well, i must say that it was all but an ordinary room because the place we stayed was an ancient convent before, the atmosphere was very genuine. You can take a look here : http://www.escapade-vacances.com/buis-les-baronnies/visite-virtuelle French kids played with ours even they couldn't really understand each other and that was fantastic. They proposed many activities and I must say that I was quite hesitant to go for a holiday village at the beginning and I admit that I had a good surprise for my first experience.
The place was near Mont Ventoux and the panorama was breathtaking, it rained a lot when we were here, people said it was unusually and that it was exceptional this year. We didn't really care about the rain because we enjoyed so much the places the we visited such as, Vaison la Romaine, quite an antique village, full of history, we went for the discovery all day long. Then there was Avignon that I planned to come back again this summer for the theatre festival in July. Avignon is a very lovely town, good food, nice people, windy on some days. Many museums to visit.
Then we visited Nice and Uzès, we found out that there was a candy factory Haribo there, it was big, like very big, it made me think of Charlie and the chocolate factory. The kids wanted to stay there all day.
This was our first week in France.
We came up to Paris to finish the trip, we rented an apartment in Paris in Saint Germain, sejourning.com and many others websites will give you plenty of choices concerning the neighbourhoods and prices. We felt at home all week and we could enjoy museums and expositions in Paris more than we thought since our apartment was equiped with a kitchen, no need to spend money out there for food. We cooked for ourselves every evening.
We enjoyed Louvre, Versaille Palace and its gardens, Jardin Luxembourg, museum of music, Eiffel Tower, the best cafe that serves one of the best hot chocolate in Paris near Notre Dame... It would be too long to give you every detail. I recommend this country without hesitation.
Then we took our plane from Charle de Gaulle, we wouldn't want our vacation to end so soon.
If you have experience you wish to share with us don't hesitate. We're planning for our next year vacation already.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitala
- 2 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 3 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 4 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 7 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 8 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 9 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 10 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 13 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 16 PARIS
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Sicily help
- 20 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 21 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 22 Christmas markets
- 23 Airline to Rome
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 monograms vacation tours