My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Norway’s Western Fjords region. We’re hoping to take advantage of the extensive network of huts and trails to do a three-night (or so) trek/backpack in the area. We’re going without renting a car, so we’re looking for a route that is accessible from a town that is accessible via ferry/train/bus.
We live in Washington State and do lots of backpacking and camping in the Cascades, so we have all the appropriate gear and know how to prepare for unpredictable weather and alpine conditions. Still, we’re expert trekkers so looking for something that's manageable at an intermediate level.
We’re flying into Bergen and flying out of Alesund.
Naturally, we recognize we may only be in Norway once, ever, so we’re looking for maximum awesomeness in terms of scenery
Look forward to hearing from some experts out there!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 2 3 weeks in Spain
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 5 Rent a car in England
- 6 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 7 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 8 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 9 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 10 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 18 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 Edinburgh to Skye
- 21 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 22 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 23 Croatia transportation question.
- 24 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 25 Surprise trip to Greece!