My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Norway’s Western Fjords region. We’re hoping to take advantage of the extensive network of huts and trails to do a three-night (or so) trek/backpack in the area. We’re going without renting a car, so we’re looking for a route that is accessible from a town that is accessible via ferry/train/bus.
We live in Washington State and do lots of backpacking and camping in the Cascades, so we have all the appropriate gear and know how to prepare for unpredictable weather and alpine conditions. Still, we’re expert trekkers so looking for something that's manageable at an intermediate level.
We’re flying into Bergen and flying out of Alesund.
Naturally, we recognize we may only be in Norway once, ever, so we’re looking for maximum awesomeness in terms of scenery
Look forward to hearing from some experts out there!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 2 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 3 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 US foods not available in the UK
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Amsterdam and...?
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 11 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 12 Andalucia Spain
- 13 Whistle stop family road trip
- 14 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 15 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 16 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 Driving in Italy
- 23 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 24 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?