My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Norway’s Western Fjords region. We’re hoping to take advantage of the extensive network of huts and trails to do a three-night (or so) trek/backpack in the area. We’re going without renting a car, so we’re looking for a route that is accessible from a town that is accessible via ferry/train/bus.
We live in Washington State and do lots of backpacking and camping in the Cascades, so we have all the appropriate gear and know how to prepare for unpredictable weather and alpine conditions. Still, we’re expert trekkers so looking for something that's manageable at an intermediate level.
We’re flying into Bergen and flying out of Alesund.
Naturally, we recognize we may only be in Norway once, ever, so we’re looking for maximum awesomeness in terms of scenery
Look forward to hearing from some experts out there!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 3 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 4 Itinery help Crete
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 10 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 11 TIM in FCO - update
- 12 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 13 Threat Level in UK
- 14 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 15 Cartagena Spain
- 16 London in Winter Report
- 17 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 18 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 22 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 23 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 24 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 25 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa