My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Norway’s Western Fjords region. We’re hoping to take advantage of the extensive network of huts and trails to do a three-night (or so) trek/backpack in the area. We’re going without renting a car, so we’re looking for a route that is accessible from a town that is accessible via ferry/train/bus.
We live in Washington State and do lots of backpacking and camping in the Cascades, so we have all the appropriate gear and know how to prepare for unpredictable weather and alpine conditions. Still, we’re expert trekkers so looking for something that's manageable at an intermediate level.
We’re flying into Bergen and flying out of Alesund.
Naturally, we recognize we may only be in Norway once, ever, so we’re looking for maximum awesomeness in terms of scenery
Look forward to hearing from some experts out there!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS
- 2 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 3 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 4 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 5 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 8 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 November in Rome
- 11 Germany or Sweden
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 14 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 15 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 18 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Sicily help
- 25 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!