My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Norway’s Western Fjords region. We’re hoping to take advantage of the extensive network of huts and trails to do a three-night (or so) trek/backpack in the area. We’re going without renting a car, so we’re looking for a route that is accessible from a town that is accessible via ferry/train/bus.
We live in Washington State and do lots of backpacking and camping in the Cascades, so we have all the appropriate gear and know how to prepare for unpredictable weather and alpine conditions. Still, we’re expert trekkers so looking for something that's manageable at an intermediate level.
We’re flying into Bergen and flying out of Alesund.
Naturally, we recognize we may only be in Norway once, ever, so we’re looking for maximum awesomeness in terms of scenery
Look forward to hearing from some experts out there!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 3 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 4 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 5 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 6 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 7 Leather goods in Florence
- 8 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 9 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 10 Trip to Rome
- 11 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 12 France Itinerary Advice
- 13 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 14 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 15 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 16 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 17 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 20 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 21 French election
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 25 Advice on apartment in Spain and location