I want to visit Greenwich on a weekday and wondering what might be the best in terms of cost, comfort and speed. Any thoughts?
There is the Thames River Service Sightseeing Boat, which departs from Westminster to Greenwich every half-hour, for 7.75 GBP (roundtrip/return fare; if purchased online). Ride takes one hour. I don't believe there is any sort of tourist information announced along the route - but I'm not 100% sure of that.
There is the Thames Clipper which is 10.80 GBP (return fare) with an OYSTER Pay as you Go card; Ride appears to take 30 min.
The Tube & DLR also go there for 5.6 (return, Oyster card) about 43 min or so.
Are there any other options or combinations you might recommend?
Or... if I wanted to take a boat at least 1 way, do you think it would make a difference either going/returning?
Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris cooking classes
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Rouen Tour Companies
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 Ireland itinerary help please
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 11 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Ronda Wine/biking
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 24 Perugia
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations