I want to visit Greenwich on a weekday and wondering what might be the best in terms of cost, comfort and speed. Any thoughts?
There is the Thames River Service Sightseeing Boat, which departs from Westminster to Greenwich every half-hour, for 7.75 GBP (roundtrip/return fare; if purchased online). Ride takes one hour. I don't believe there is any sort of tourist information announced along the route - but I'm not 100% sure of that.
There is the Thames Clipper which is 10.80 GBP (return fare) with an OYSTER Pay as you Go card; Ride appears to take 30 min.
The Tube & DLR also go there for 5.6 (return, Oyster card) about 43 min or so.
Are there any other options or combinations you might recommend?
Or... if I wanted to take a boat at least 1 way, do you think it would make a difference either going/returning?
Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 2 Cinqueterre
- 3 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 4 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 5 Swiss Pass
- 6 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 7 YIKES!
- 8 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 9 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 10 Trip to Ireland in September
- 11 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 12 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 13 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 14 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 15 Final Four
- 16 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Cornwall UK
- 19 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 20 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 21 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 22 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 23 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?