I want to visit Greenwich on a weekday and wondering what might be the best in terms of cost, comfort and speed. Any thoughts?
There is the Thames River Service Sightseeing Boat, which departs from Westminster to Greenwich every half-hour, for 7.75 GBP (roundtrip/return fare; if purchased online). Ride takes one hour. I don't believe there is any sort of tourist information announced along the route - but I'm not 100% sure of that.
There is the Thames Clipper which is 10.80 GBP (return fare) with an OYSTER Pay as you Go card; Ride appears to take 30 min.
The Tube & DLR also go there for 5.6 (return, Oyster card) about 43 min or so.
Are there any other options or combinations you might recommend?
Or... if I wanted to take a boat at least 1 way, do you think it would make a difference either going/returning?
Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen Rule
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Pay attention to your watches !
- 8 Zurich to Milan trip
- 9 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 10 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 11 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 12 Venice/Mestre
- 13 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 14 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 17 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 18 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 19 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Quizz !
- 25 Iceland