My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 2 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 3 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 4 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 5 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 8 Reaching the Lake District
- 9 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 10 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 13 My special places in Europe
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 20 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 21 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 22 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 23 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 24 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 25 Budva or Perast in Montenegro