My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ravenna Mosaics
- 2 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 3 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 4 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 5 Greece Itinerary
- 6 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 7 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 8 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 9 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 10 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 11 evening of song and dance
- 12 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 13 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 14 Scotland Highlands Help
- 15 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 16 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 17 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 18 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 19 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany
- 21 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 25 Day Trip Orleans to Provins, an Italian Hill Town in France