My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Best Train Pass?
- 1 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 2 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 3 rent car / Munich
- 4 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Italian Lakes gardens
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 9 Greek islands from Turkey
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Chambermaid tipping
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 Novels set in Greece
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 More help with housing in Puglia
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 25 Travel from Prague to Basel