My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Best Train Pass?
- 1 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 2 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 5 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 6 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 13 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 16 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 20 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 21 rent car / Munich
- 22 Apartments in Rome
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary