My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 2 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 3 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 4 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 5 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 6 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 7 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 8 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 9 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 10 Public Transport information App/Website
- 11 London with kids
- 12 First Time Europe Trip
- 13 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car
- 14 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 15 Luxury Apartment Rentals in Rome
- 16 Tenerife - Best attractions
- 17 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 18 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 19 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 20 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 21 Loans 15,000 kr. and you have them about 45. minutes
- 22 Croatia travel ideas
- 23 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 24 River Boat Cruise
- 25 Hotel advice