My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 2 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 3 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 4 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 5 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 6 Beaches in Southern France
- 7 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 8 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 9 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 10 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 11 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 12 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 13 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 14 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 15 Amalfi coast
- 16 French lavender and cottages
- 17 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 18 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 19 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 20 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 21 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 22 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 23 Rome Rental Car
- 24 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 25 Iceland Waterfall Advice