My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Best Train Pass?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Voltage in UK and France
- 2 Scottish Passport
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 6 Europe in winter
- 7 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 8 Barcelona free tours??
- 9 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 10 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 11 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 12 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 13 Viator.com in Turkey
- 14 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 15 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 16 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 17 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 18 Italy tours
- 19 Air France strike
- 20 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 21 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 24 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 25 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s