My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Best Train Pass?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pyrenees logistics
- 2 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 3 Italy
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 6 Azores
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 9 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 10 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 13 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 14 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 15 Taormina to Palermo
- 16 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 17 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 18 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 19 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 20 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 21 caroline_venezia
- 22 Taormina Sicily
- 23 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 24 Italy dolomites
- 25 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?