My fiancé (and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris in the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple?
We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Interlaken- 3 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France, UK and Ireland
- 2 French theater in Paris
- 3 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 4 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 7 Italian lakes
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 10 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 11 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 12 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 13 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 14 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 15 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 16 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 17 What do after Bernia Express?
- 18 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 19 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 Rouen Tour Companies
- 22 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 23 No Periods in British Written English!
- 24 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice