I am planning a trip to Ireland in May which will include 2 or 3 nights in County Donegal. Which town/area is the best to stay in? Any particular recommendations for B&B's?
We will be 4 adults in our mid-late 20s, looking for mid-range B&B accommodation. We would like to stay somewhere with some good restaurants/pubs within easy distance but have a car so getting around wont be a problem.
Is Donegal town the best base for exploring the area or is there somewhere else which might be nicer?
Daytime interests will include exploring the coast and national parks, maybe some hiking. Any particular recommendations for the evenings? Places with good food, music etc.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 6 Perugia
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 Ronda Wine/biking
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 15 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 16 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 17 Andalucia itinerary help
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 20 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 21 Day trips from Florence
- 22 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 23 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 24 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city