I am planning a trip to Ireland in May which will include 2 or 3 nights in County Donegal. Which town/area is the best to stay in? Any particular recommendations for B&B's?
We will be 4 adults in our mid-late 20s, looking for mid-range B&B accommodation. We would like to stay somewhere with some good restaurants/pubs within easy distance but have a car so getting around wont be a problem.
Is Donegal town the best base for exploring the area or is there somewhere else which might be nicer?
Daytime interests will include exploring the coast and national parks, maybe some hiking. Any particular recommendations for the evenings? Places with good food, music etc.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 3 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 8 Amalfi Coast help
- 9 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 10 CDG airport and connection time
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 17 Trains in Alps and UK
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 22 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 23 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 24 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions