I am planning a trip to Ireland in May which will include 2 or 3 nights in County Donegal. Which town/area is the best to stay in? Any particular recommendations for B&B's?
We will be 4 adults in our mid-late 20s, looking for mid-range B&B accommodation. We would like to stay somewhere with some good restaurants/pubs within easy distance but have a car so getting around wont be a problem.
Is Donegal town the best base for exploring the area or is there somewhere else which might be nicer?
Daytime interests will include exploring the coast and national parks, maybe some hiking. Any particular recommendations for the evenings? Places with good food, music etc.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 3 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 4 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 5 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 6 Private Guide in Lyon
- 7 Norwegian Air?
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 11 London Theater
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 UK in May and June
- 16 Poland to Austria In December
- 17 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 18 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 19 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 22 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 23 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 24 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 25 Shorts in South of France?