I am planning a trip to Ireland in May which will include 2 or 3 nights in County Donegal. Which town/area is the best to stay in? Any particular recommendations for B&B's?
We will be 4 adults in our mid-late 20s, looking for mid-range B&B accommodation. We would like to stay somewhere with some good restaurants/pubs within easy distance but have a car so getting around wont be a problem.
Is Donegal town the best base for exploring the area or is there somewhere else which might be nicer?
Daytime interests will include exploring the coast and national parks, maybe some hiking. Any particular recommendations for the evenings? Places with good food, music etc.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 8 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 9 Frankfurt to UK
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Barcelona alternative
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 17 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Milan or Turin
- 22 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help