I am planning a trip to Ireland in May which will include 2 or 3 nights in County Donegal. Which town/area is the best to stay in? Any particular recommendations for B&B's?
We will be 4 adults in our mid-late 20s, looking for mid-range B&B accommodation. We would like to stay somewhere with some good restaurants/pubs within easy distance but have a car so getting around wont be a problem.
Is Donegal town the best base for exploring the area or is there somewhere else which might be nicer?
Daytime interests will include exploring the coast and national parks, maybe some hiking. Any particular recommendations for the evenings? Places with good food, music etc.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living