I appreciate the help I got re: Lausanne vs. Montreaux as a base - now another thread has me rethinking whether to use Lauterbrunnen rather than Interlaken as our base for 4 nights in the Berner-Oberland region. We do plan to visit Jungfrauhoch, Grimmelwald and or Grindelwald, possibly Brienz, and we want to do easy to moderate hikes. (Wengen?) Another factor: My husband does have some problems with high altitudes. Any thoughts on the best base?
Best to stay in Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 2 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 3 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 6 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 7 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 10 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 14 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 16 French Basque region
- 17 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 18 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 19 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Airport ATMs
- 24 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 25 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations