I appreciate the help I got re: Lausanne vs. Montreaux as a base - now another thread has me rethinking whether to use Lauterbrunnen rather than Interlaken as our base for 4 nights in the Berner-Oberland region. We do plan to visit Jungfrauhoch, Grimmelwald and or Grindelwald, possibly Brienz, and we want to do easy to moderate hikes. (Wengen?) Another factor: My husband does have some problems with high altitudes. Any thoughts on the best base?
Best to stay in Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken?
- 1 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 2 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 3 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 4 Germany with 6 month old.
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 7 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 8 Time in Strasbourg?
- 9 Germany and Italy
- 10 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 11 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 12 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 13 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 14 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 15 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 16 Free/cheap things to do in London
- 17 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 18 Where to travel to after Croatia????
- 19 Dolomites Drives
- 20 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 21 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 22 Istanbul Logistics Help
- 23 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 24 Cinque Terre card and train
- 25 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"