I appreciate the help I got re: Lausanne vs. Montreaux as a base - now another thread has me rethinking whether to use Lauterbrunnen rather than Interlaken as our base for 4 nights in the Berner-Oberland region. We do plan to visit Jungfrauhoch, Grimmelwald and or Grindelwald, possibly Brienz, and we want to do easy to moderate hikes. (Wengen?) Another factor: My husband does have some problems with high altitudes. Any thoughts on the best base?
Best to stay in Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 9 days in turkey
- 5 Burg Eltz
- 6 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 7 Germany-berlin marathon
- 8 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 12 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 itinerary help
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Nice Video about Poland
- 20 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 21 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 22 Reims for a day
- 23 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?