I appreciate the help I got re: Lausanne vs. Montreaux as a base - now another thread has me rethinking whether to use Lauterbrunnen rather than Interlaken as our base for 4 nights in the Berner-Oberland region. We do plan to visit Jungfrauhoch, Grimmelwald and or Grindelwald, possibly Brienz, and we want to do easy to moderate hikes. (Wengen?) Another factor: My husband does have some problems with high altitudes. Any thoughts on the best base?
Best to stay in Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 5 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 6 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 7 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 8 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 9 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 14 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 15 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 16 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 17 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 18 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 19 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 20 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 25 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI