I want to avoid the high prices and tourist crowds of high season, but I don't want to end up seeing most shops and restaurants not open for business. So, should I visit the Greek Isles at the end of May, or early June? Is there an "unofficial" date for the opening of the summer tourist season that I should watch out for? Thanks.
Best time to visit the Greek Islands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 2 Is this realistic... advice?
- 3 Greece after the Vote
- 4 3 days Vienna. Is Melk Worth it?
- 5 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 6 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 7 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 8 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 11 Satnav maps update
- 12 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 13 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 14 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 15 Great restaurants in Italy
- 16 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 17 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 18 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 19 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 20 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 21 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 22 Best place to base for Yorkshire Dales, York and area
- 23 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 24 mallorca
- 25 Spanish Music