I want to avoid the high prices and tourist crowds of high season, but I don't want to end up seeing most shops and restaurants not open for business. So, should I visit the Greek Isles at the end of May, or early June? Is there an "unofficial" date for the opening of the summer tourist season that I should watch out for? Thanks.
Best time to visit the Greek Islands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 6 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 7 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 8 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 9 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 10 Day trips from Lisbon
- 11 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 12 Italian Lakes
- 13 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 14 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 17 Taormina Sicily
- 18 Raining in rome
- 19 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 20 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 23 No Pooh in Poland
- 24 New Micheline star restaurants in Madrid and elsewhere in Spain & Portugal
- 25 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights