I am planning a trip to Italy during high season (late June or July) and I am reeling from the airfares I am seeing, having always before traveled in the off season. My goal is to fly non-stop from Philadelphia to Rome and return out of Milan. I read recently that when booking flights within the U.S., Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the best times to check prices as that is when the specials are posted. Saturdays/Sundays are the worst days. So far, I have not seen any intelligence on timing a European ticket purchase (other than a friend suggesting that they tend to go down in March - on what this is based I have no idea). So, Fodorites, can you provide guidance? The travel will involve 2 adults and a child in her own seat (which I mention because I have heard that booking more than 2 people can put you in a more pricey bracket, leading to advice to book 2 tickets first and then a 1). Thanks in advance.
Best time to buy airline tickets to Italy for summer travel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 2 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 3 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 4 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 5 Greece for a month with a baby
- 6 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 7 Split to Venice. Help!
- 8 looking for an app
- 9 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 10 Biking (Selg-Guided and/or Guided) in Oxford and Bath
- 11 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 12 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 13 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 14 phone service
- 15 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 16 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 17 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 18 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 19 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Barcelona and San Sebastian
- 21 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 22 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 23 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 24 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 25 Arctic Circle in December