My husband and I are looking to plan a semi last minute getaway to Spain in April. His main interest are Food and Wine, ditto for me but I would add picturesque towns and cultural sights to my list of interests as well. With that being said, Andalusia calls to me while Basque country calls to my husband. I'd love to hear thoughts on the feasibility of doing a sampling of both, rather than an in depth visit of one or the other. We prefer smaller cities, villages and the countryside over large cities, so Barcelona and Madrid aren't high on our list, and while it is tempting to see as much as possible we would like to keep our 10-12 night trip to a maximum of 3-4 locations (not including day trips). Is this feasible given the travel distances between Seville and San Sebastian:
3 nights Seville
3 nights Madrid
3 nights San Sebastian
1 or 2 nights La Rioja
Possible day trips: Toledo OR Cordoba, Granada, Jerez
The other big question is - is Seville to San Sebastian just too far to travel in one day without spending the night somewhere (likely Madrid) in between? It looks like we would return to Madrid to fly home once visiting Basque country, and I don't want to stop there twice.
All input and advice is welcome and very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Paris to Italy
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 16 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT