My husband and I are looking to plan a semi last minute getaway to Spain in April. His main interest are Food and Wine, ditto for me but I would add picturesque towns and cultural sights to my list of interests as well. With that being said, Andalusia calls to me while Basque country calls to my husband. I'd love to hear thoughts on the feasibility of doing a sampling of both, rather than an in depth visit of one or the other. We prefer smaller cities, villages and the countryside over large cities, so Barcelona and Madrid aren't high on our list, and while it is tempting to see as much as possible we would like to keep our 10-12 night trip to a maximum of 3-4 locations (not including day trips). Is this feasible given the travel distances between Seville and San Sebastian:
3 nights Seville
3 nights Madrid
3 nights San Sebastian
1 or 2 nights La Rioja
Possible day trips: Toledo OR Cordoba, Granada, Jerez
The other big question is - is Seville to San Sebastian just too far to travel in one day without spending the night somewhere (likely Madrid) in between? It looks like we would return to Madrid to fly home once visiting Basque country, and I don't want to stop there twice.
All input and advice is welcome and very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 2 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 3 3 nights in Madrid
- 4 Quite Possibly the Best Mobile Phone/SIM Deal
- 5 Help me make this possible!
- 6 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 7 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 8 London Hotel - Different Request
- 9 IWM
- 10 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 11 alcazar question and seville advice
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 14 London in Winter Report
- 15 Iceland trip report!
- 16 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 20 Anniversary trip to France
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 25 Paris and Normandy