In a couple of weeks I'm moving from the UK to southern Italy. I'm driving down and will give myself two weeks to do it. My question: which route through the Alps do you recommend? I'm wide open---I can pass into Italy from France, Switzerland or Austria. I'm looking for spectacular scenery most of all, and it's hard for me to distinguish between the various high passes. Which is your favourite way through?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 Trip suggestion
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 18 International Flight Question
- 19 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 20 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 21 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 22 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 23 Luggage Storage
- 24 LIsbon
- 25 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?