In August or September of 2010 my wife and I will be traveling to Europe for the first time. We are both young (mid twenties) and active. We would like to travel for a month but that will be determined by how much money we can save this year. The minimum time we will be there is 2 weeks. If we go for a month we would like to visit 3-4 countries. If its 2 weeks we will visit 2 countries. My wife is interested in Italy and France and I would like to see Holland (Amsterdam) and Czech Republic. We like good food, drink(beer), hiking, music, festivals, and having a good time. Not into clubs but do enjoy cool bars. We want to make our money go as far as possible and plan on backpacking and staying in cheap hotels and hostels. If you have any advice on cool places to go in these countries or other countries it would be appreciated. I would also like to know how much money we should save for a month or for 2 weeks. Thanks for reading this, i'm looking forward to some good information.
Best places to visit for your first time to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 2 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 3 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Where to go in France mid July?
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Help with England/Wales tour
- 8 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 9 Cruise the River Shannon
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Ireland or Scotland
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 Italy in October 2015
- 16 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 17 Italy and Croatia
- 18 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 trip to norway
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 My notes on Greece 101
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report