Hello - we are traveling to Ireland for 7 days for the first time with our large family from Boston (all adults). We will fly into Shannon, depart from Dublin this June. We plan to get a car (most likely 2 to fit us all and luggage). We are debating to rent a large house in one place and site see from there -- .or to do a few days southern area (Kinsale?) and then a few days West (Galway?) and then over to Dublin. if we are to rent a house (which would be the most economical) where would is the best place to position us for site seeing and also near things so we may not have to travel too far to enjoy Ireland. Would like a feel of the food, music and people - but not too much on hiking all over.
Best place to use as a base in Western Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 6 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 7 Reims for a day
- 8 Lavender Fields
- 9 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 10 Munich
- 11 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 12 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 13 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 14 Toulouse and beyond -
- 15 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 16 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 17 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 18 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 museum passes in Rome
- 21 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 22 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Nice Video about Poland
- 25 Where to stay in Rome