Hello - we are traveling to Ireland for 7 days for the first time with our large family from Boston (all adults). We will fly into Shannon, depart from Dublin this June. We plan to get a car (most likely 2 to fit us all and luggage). We are debating to rent a large house in one place and site see from there -- .or to do a few days southern area (Kinsale?) and then a few days West (Galway?) and then over to Dublin. if we are to rent a house (which would be the most economical) where would is the best place to position us for site seeing and also near things so we may not have to travel too far to enjoy Ireland. Would like a feel of the food, music and people - but not too much on hiking all over.
Best place to use as a base in Western Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 2 Please help me plan my trip!
- 3 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 4 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 5 Two days in Dublin
- 6 Munich accommodations
- 7 Tax refund in France
- 8 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 9 any airbnb experience in Milan?
- 10 London, Rome and Milan, February 2015 trip report
- 11 buying souviners and art
- 12 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 13 Venice Apartment
- 14 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 15 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 16 Portugal Highways and GPS
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 19 Any experience on Hotel London in Milan
- 20 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 21 European Quiz # 62 ( Wednesday)
- 22 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 23 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 24 Positano in high season???
- 25 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?