Hello - we are traveling to Ireland for 7 days for the first time with our large family from Boston (all adults). We will fly into Shannon, depart from Dublin this June. We plan to get a car (most likely 2 to fit us all and luggage). We are debating to rent a large house in one place and site see from there -- .or to do a few days southern area (Kinsale?) and then a few days West (Galway?) and then over to Dublin. if we are to rent a house (which would be the most economical) where would is the best place to position us for site seeing and also near things so we may not have to travel too far to enjoy Ireland. Would like a feel of the food, music and people - but not too much on hiking all over.
Best place to use as a base in Western Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 2 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 first european holiday itinery
- 5 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 7 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 14 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 London at Easter
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 19 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 22 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 23 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 24 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia