Hello - we are traveling to Ireland for 7 days for the first time with our large family from Boston (all adults). We will fly into Shannon, depart from Dublin this June. We plan to get a car (most likely 2 to fit us all and luggage). We are debating to rent a large house in one place and site see from there -- .or to do a few days southern area (Kinsale?) and then a few days West (Galway?) and then over to Dublin. if we are to rent a house (which would be the most economical) where would is the best place to position us for site seeing and also near things so we may not have to travel too far to enjoy Ireland. Would like a feel of the food, music and people - but not too much on hiking all over.
Best place to use as a base in Western Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 2 Help with France itinerary
- 3 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 4 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 5 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 6 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 7 ITALO trains need help
- 8 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 9 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 10 Cornwall or Paris?
- 11 plug adapters ITALY
- 12 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 13 German Rail Twin Pass
- 14 How much luggage?????
- 15 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 16 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 17 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 18 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 19 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 20 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 24 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 25 Paris in black and white