Hello - we are traveling to Ireland for 7 days for the first time with our large family from Boston (all adults). We will fly into Shannon, depart from Dublin this June. We plan to get a car (most likely 2 to fit us all and luggage). We are debating to rent a large house in one place and site see from there -- .or to do a few days southern area (Kinsale?) and then a few days West (Galway?) and then over to Dublin. if we are to rent a house (which would be the most economical) where would is the best place to position us for site seeing and also near things so we may not have to travel too far to enjoy Ireland. Would like a feel of the food, music and people - but not too much on hiking all over.
Best place to use as a base in Western Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 3 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 4 I need a haircut
- 5 Tipping in Greece
- 6 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 7 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 8 Honeymooning in Europe
- 9 Southern France
- 10 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 11 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 12 Spain tips beyond safety
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 American electrical gadgets
- 15 Arc de Triumph Question
- 16 flea markets in France
- 17 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 18 Eating in France-two new books
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 21 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 22 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 23 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 two weeks 8/4 and 8/11