My girlfriend and I,along with her sister, are travelling around Europe over a month. We arrive in Paris at the Hotel Opera Cadet in Faubourg Montmartre on the 1st of August, and stay for 4 nights. We then stay in Barcelona for 4 nights;Venice 4 nights,Lyon France 8 nights, Florence and Rome 5 nights each I think and finish off 4 nights in Hong Kong before heading back home to New Zealand with the good news (hopefully lol).
My main question is where would the best place to propose be?
Paris, amazing as it is, seems a bit cliché as a few friends & people I know have popped the question there. I did think Venice the best place to do it, but it seemed kinda cliché too... I don't know-I may be wrong... I thought maybe Barcelona could be a place I could ask her?? I would hate to have the burden of holding onto the ring for any longer-Barcelona is the second place we fly to so that kinda makes sense...
Any info/tips/experiences-good and bad-aswell as sites/places not to miss-you are more than welcome to share please!
We are all mid to late 20s, and this will be the first time any of us travel Europe. I want it to be as memorable as it can be-especially the moment I get down on one knee and ask the woman of my dreams to marry me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 2 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 3 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 4 First trip to Italy
- 5 Basque country ideas
- 6 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 7 Travel vs. Babies
- 8 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 9 4 days in switzerland
- 10 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 11 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 12 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 16 European Cooking Secrets
- 17 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 18 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 19 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 20 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 23 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 24 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 25 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve