My girlfriend and I,along with her sister, are travelling around Europe over a month. We arrive in Paris at the Hotel Opera Cadet in Faubourg Montmartre on the 1st of August, and stay for 4 nights. We then stay in Barcelona for 4 nights;Venice 4 nights,Lyon France 8 nights, Florence and Rome 5 nights each I think and finish off 4 nights in Hong Kong before heading back home to New Zealand with the good news (hopefully lol).
My main question is where would the best place to propose be?
Paris, amazing as it is, seems a bit cliché as a few friends & people I know have popped the question there. I did think Venice the best place to do it, but it seemed kinda cliché too... I don't know-I may be wrong... I thought maybe Barcelona could be a place I could ask her?? I would hate to have the burden of holding onto the ring for any longer-Barcelona is the second place we fly to so that kinda makes sense...
Any info/tips/experiences-good and bad-aswell as sites/places not to miss-you are more than welcome to share please!
We are all mid to late 20s, and this will be the first time any of us travel Europe. I want it to be as memorable as it can be-especially the moment I get down on one knee and ask the woman of my dreams to marry me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 3 London - Home Depot
- 4 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 5 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 6 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 7 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 8 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 9 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 10 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 11 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Enjoying England for a year!
- 14 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 15 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/crepe-correcting-body-complex/
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 gare de nord
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 20 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 21 Madrid city centre?
- 22 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 23 Southern Italy
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 25 European Travel in March