My girlfriend and I,along with her sister, are travelling around Europe over a month. We arrive in Paris at the Hotel Opera Cadet in Faubourg Montmartre on the 1st of August, and stay for 4 nights. We then stay in Barcelona for 4 nights;Venice 4 nights,Lyon France 8 nights, Florence and Rome 5 nights each I think and finish off 4 nights in Hong Kong before heading back home to New Zealand with the good news (hopefully lol).
My main question is where would the best place to propose be?
Paris, amazing as it is, seems a bit cliché as a few friends & people I know have popped the question there. I did think Venice the best place to do it, but it seemed kinda cliché too... I don't know-I may be wrong... I thought maybe Barcelona could be a place I could ask her?? I would hate to have the burden of holding onto the ring for any longer-Barcelona is the second place we fly to so that kinda makes sense...
Any info/tips/experiences-good and bad-aswell as sites/places not to miss-you are more than welcome to share please!
We are all mid to late 20s, and this will be the first time any of us travel Europe. I want it to be as memorable as it can be-especially the moment I get down on one knee and ask the woman of my dreams to marry me.
Best place to propose??! Help
- 1 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 2 first european holiday itinery
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Car in Prague
- 6 Family European winter holiday
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 Planning a holiday
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 13 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 14 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 Which travel plan?
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 21 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 22 Travel by train or bus
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary