My girlfriend and I,along with her sister, are travelling around Europe over a month. We arrive in Paris at the Hotel Opera Cadet in Faubourg Montmartre on the 1st of August, and stay for 4 nights. We then stay in Barcelona for 4 nights;Venice 4 nights,Lyon France 8 nights, Florence and Rome 5 nights each I think and finish off 4 nights in Hong Kong before heading back home to New Zealand with the good news (hopefully lol).
My main question is where would the best place to propose be?
Paris, amazing as it is, seems a bit cliché as a few friends & people I know have popped the question there. I did think Venice the best place to do it, but it seemed kinda cliché too... I don't know-I may be wrong... I thought maybe Barcelona could be a place I could ask her?? I would hate to have the burden of holding onto the ring for any longer-Barcelona is the second place we fly to so that kinda makes sense...
Any info/tips/experiences-good and bad-aswell as sites/places not to miss-you are more than welcome to share please!
We are all mid to late 20s, and this will be the first time any of us travel Europe. I want it to be as memorable as it can be-especially the moment I get down on one knee and ask the woman of my dreams to marry me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 2 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 3 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 4 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 7 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 8 Iceland 3 day layover
- 9 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 10 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 13 Milos beach stay
- 14 Paris to Bordeaux
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 19 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 20 Train travel
- 21 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 22 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 23 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!