My girlfriend and I,along with her sister, are travelling around Europe over a month. We arrive in Paris at the Hotel Opera Cadet in Faubourg Montmartre on the 1st of August, and stay for 4 nights. We then stay in Barcelona for 4 nights;Venice 4 nights,Lyon France 8 nights, Florence and Rome 5 nights each I think and finish off 4 nights in Hong Kong before heading back home to New Zealand with the good news (hopefully lol).
My main question is where would the best place to propose be?
Paris, amazing as it is, seems a bit cliché as a few friends & people I know have popped the question there. I did think Venice the best place to do it, but it seemed kinda cliché too... I don't know-I may be wrong... I thought maybe Barcelona could be a place I could ask her?? I would hate to have the burden of holding onto the ring for any longer-Barcelona is the second place we fly to so that kinda makes sense...
Any info/tips/experiences-good and bad-aswell as sites/places not to miss-you are more than welcome to share please!
We are all mid to late 20s, and this will be the first time any of us travel Europe. I want it to be as memorable as it can be-especially the moment I get down on one knee and ask the woman of my dreams to marry me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 2 When and how to book for a trip?
- 3 Provence to Nice driving
- 4 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 5 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 6 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 7 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 8 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 9 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 10 France to stop making foie grois
- 11 Small detour from Paris
- 12 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 13 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 14 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 15 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 16 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 17 please revew provence agenda
- 18 file of medicinal drug alleviation plans
- 19 Transportation from Spain to Portugal
- 20 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 21 holiday problem in Budapest
- 22 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 23 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 24 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 25 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros