We might be considering a trip to Tuscany for ten days mid of May. We are a couple in our early forties with a 3 years old baby boy.
My question is a typical one but I really need your input to make up my mind.
Can you give me the names of the top 10 villages/towns to see in Tuscany? something like the must sees? I know it depends on our base but this is not yet chosen. Suggestions are welcome but we usually like to stay in 4-5 star modern hotels and in an area that has shops, supermarkets and pharmacies just in case (you know we have a small child).
We usually chose one base and rent a car to drive to villages and towns.
We like scenery and to wonder in attractive towns with cobbled streets (prefer elevated ones though) and nice souvenir shops, we do not drink so wine is not the criteria to base our choices on but love to see vinyards as a background. We also like to eat well and drink the delicious cappuccino!
Can you give us some suggestions and the name of the main piazza or area for each please.
Also for those who wish to suggest a base for our trip, can you suggest a good modern neat hotels?
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinqueterre
- 2 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 3 Central and Northern Italy
- 4 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 5 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 6 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 7 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 8 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 12 stonehenge day trip from london
- 13 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 14 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 15 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Trip to Ireland in September
- 20 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 23 Cornwall UK
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?