We might be considering a trip to Tuscany for ten days mid of May. We are a couple in our early forties with a 3 years old baby boy.
My question is a typical one but I really need your input to make up my mind.
Can you give me the names of the top 10 villages/towns to see in Tuscany? something like the must sees? I know it depends on our base but this is not yet chosen. Suggestions are welcome but we usually like to stay in 4-5 star modern hotels and in an area that has shops, supermarkets and pharmacies just in case (you know we have a small child).
We usually chose one base and rent a car to drive to villages and towns.
We like scenery and to wonder in attractive towns with cobbled streets (prefer elevated ones though) and nice souvenir shops, we do not drink so wine is not the criteria to base our choices on but love to see vinyards as a background. We also like to eat well and drink the delicious cappuccino!
Can you give us some suggestions and the name of the main piazza or area for each please.
Also for those who wish to suggest a base for our trip, can you suggest a good modern neat hotels?
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transylvania - June 2018
- 2 Italy Car Scam
- 3 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 4 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 5 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 6 Venice/Mestre
- 7 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 8 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 9 Krakow
- 10 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 11 Quizz !
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Pay attention to your watches !
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 Iceland early december visit
- 23 Zurich to Milan trip
- 24 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 25 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May