We're making our fourth trip to Northern Italy and are looking for suggestions on spots in Tuscany or Western Umbria to visit. We have been to these places and will definitely be visiting again on this trip:
4. San Gimanano
(5. Maybe Lucca)
(6. Maybe Cortona)
We'll probably be staying in at Montegufoni Castle in Montespertoli (SW of Florence) just because we've stayed there before and it seems to be pretty central. But we are also open to recommendations on other places to stay in Tuscany. There are two of us - well travelled, 50 and 70 years old.
Any recommendations on any great little Tuscan or Umbrian towns to viist or other sites in the area? Has anyone been to Fiesole? Ravenna? San Marino? Worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Engadine Valley help
- 2 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 3 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 4 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 5 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 6 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece
- 8 Italy for Christmas Week
- 9 A Month stay in Southern France
- 10 Shoes in Scotland
- 11 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 12 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 13 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 14 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 17 Portugal with large family
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 restaurants in Marais district
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 22 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
- 23 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 24 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 25 Wedding in Ireland