We're making our fourth trip to Northern Italy and are looking for suggestions on spots in Tuscany or Western Umbria to visit. We have been to these places and will definitely be visiting again on this trip:
4. San Gimanano
(5. Maybe Lucca)
(6. Maybe Cortona)
We'll probably be staying in at Montegufoni Castle in Montespertoli (SW of Florence) just because we've stayed there before and it seems to be pretty central. But we are also open to recommendations on other places to stay in Tuscany. There are two of us - well travelled, 50 and 70 years old.
Any recommendations on any great little Tuscan or Umbrian towns to viist or other sites in the area? Has anyone been to Fiesole? Ravenna? San Marino? Worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 2 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 3 Help on ancient history route
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Edinbrugh
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Berlin to ?
- 9 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 12 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 13 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 14 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 15 Maximizing Norway time
- 16 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 19 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 3 days solo in London
- 22 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 23 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Scotland