We're making our fourth trip to Northern Italy and are looking for suggestions on spots in Tuscany or Western Umbria to visit. We have been to these places and will definitely be visiting again on this trip:
4. San Gimanano
(5. Maybe Lucca)
(6. Maybe Cortona)
We'll probably be staying in at Montegufoni Castle in Montespertoli (SW of Florence) just because we've stayed there before and it seems to be pretty central. But we are also open to recommendations on other places to stay in Tuscany. There are two of us - well travelled, 50 and 70 years old.
Any recommendations on any great little Tuscan or Umbrian towns to viist or other sites in the area? Has anyone been to Fiesole? Ravenna? San Marino? Worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Driving through Paris
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Road trip with our dog
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia