We're making our fourth trip to Northern Italy and are looking for suggestions on spots in Tuscany or Western Umbria to visit. We have been to these places and will definitely be visiting again on this trip:
4. San Gimanano
(5. Maybe Lucca)
(6. Maybe Cortona)
We'll probably be staying in at Montegufoni Castle in Montespertoli (SW of Florence) just because we've stayed there before and it seems to be pretty central. But we are also open to recommendations on other places to stay in Tuscany. There are two of us - well travelled, 50 and 70 years old.
Any recommendations on any great little Tuscan or Umbrian towns to viist or other sites in the area? Has anyone been to Fiesole? Ravenna? San Marino? Worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Things to do in Brussels
- 7 Naxos car rental
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 12 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 15 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 16 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 17 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 20 K-Day
- 21 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 22 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 23 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Campervan in Croatia