We're making our fourth trip to Northern Italy and are looking for suggestions on spots in Tuscany or Western Umbria to visit. We have been to these places and will definitely be visiting again on this trip:
4. San Gimanano
(5. Maybe Lucca)
(6. Maybe Cortona)
We'll probably be staying in at Montegufoni Castle in Montespertoli (SW of Florence) just because we've stayed there before and it seems to be pretty central. But we are also open to recommendations on other places to stay in Tuscany. There are two of us - well travelled, 50 and 70 years old.
Any recommendations on any great little Tuscan or Umbrian towns to viist or other sites in the area? Has anyone been to Fiesole? Ravenna? San Marino? Worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 2 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 5 Days in Switzerland
- 5 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 6 Korean Messages
- 7 Petrol in Greece
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 13 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 16 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 17 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 18 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 19 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 20 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 21 Acropolis Athens
- 22 6-7 Days in France
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017