We're making our fourth trip to Northern Italy and are looking for suggestions on spots in Tuscany or Western Umbria to visit. We have been to these places and will definitely be visiting again on this trip:
4. San Gimanano
(5. Maybe Lucca)
(6. Maybe Cortona)
We'll probably be staying in at Montegufoni Castle in Montespertoli (SW of Florence) just because we've stayed there before and it seems to be pretty central. But we are also open to recommendations on other places to stay in Tuscany. There are two of us - well travelled, 50 and 70 years old.
Any recommendations on any great little Tuscan or Umbrian towns to viist or other sites in the area? Has anyone been to Fiesole? Ravenna? San Marino? Worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 2 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 3 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 stonehenge day trip from london
- 6 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 7 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 8 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 9 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 10 Scotland Trip Report
- 11 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 12 Charming areas to explore in London
- 13 Trip to Ireland in September
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 16 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 17 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 18 Cornwall UK
- 19 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 20 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 21 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Train tickets in Italy?
- 23 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 24 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 25 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium