We're making our fourth trip to Northern Italy and are looking for suggestions on spots in Tuscany or Western Umbria to visit. We have been to these places and will definitely be visiting again on this trip:
4. San Gimanano
(5. Maybe Lucca)
(6. Maybe Cortona)
We'll probably be staying in at Montegufoni Castle in Montespertoli (SW of Florence) just because we've stayed there before and it seems to be pretty central. But we are also open to recommendations on other places to stay in Tuscany. There are two of us - well travelled, 50 and 70 years old.
Any recommendations on any great little Tuscan or Umbrian towns to viist or other sites in the area? Has anyone been to Fiesole? Ravenna? San Marino? Worth a visit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Coastal Denmark
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 6 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 7 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 8 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 11 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 12 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 15 Apartment in Rome
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Flea markets in Romania
- 22 car rental
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cinque Terre - mid Oct 2017 -Ferry? Train? Car Parks?
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest