We (myself, hubby and 3 boys) are heading over to France next July. We will have 23 days all up. We are flying into Paris and will head straight to the Loire Valley to stay with friends between Angers and Saumur. We've visited this area many times before and will stay for approx 7 days. We've never taken the kids further south so would like to drive down to see some of the lovely, pretty villages in southern France before we head on down to Spain. Not really sure where as yet, so I'm looking for recommendations.
We'd then like to end the holiday with 5 or 6 nights on a Greek Island, so we'll probably have 7 or 8 nights for the drive down through France and Spain.
Any must sees or advice about where we should stay would be gratefully received. We don't have the budget for fancy hotels so tips about gites would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 4 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 5 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 6 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 11 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 12 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 13 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 14 Praiano
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Family vacation to europe
- 20 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland