We (myself, hubby and 3 boys) are heading over to France next July. We will have 23 days all up. We are flying into Paris and will head straight to the Loire Valley to stay with friends between Angers and Saumur. We've visited this area many times before and will stay for approx 7 days. We've never taken the kids further south so would like to drive down to see some of the lovely, pretty villages in southern France before we head on down to Spain. Not really sure where as yet, so I'm looking for recommendations.
We'd then like to end the holiday with 5 or 6 nights on a Greek Island, so we'll probably have 7 or 8 nights for the drive down through France and Spain.
Any must sees or advice about where we should stay would be gratefully received. We don't have the budget for fancy hotels so tips about gites would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 2 Valencia, Spain
- 3 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 4 Visit to Engand
- 5 Clean up spam
- 6 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 7 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 8 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 9 Restaurants in Spain
- 10 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 13 Is Sicily Safe?
- 14 credit and debit cards
- 15 Gardens & GTGs
- 16 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 17 Transportation Question Italy
- 18 Car rental help in Sicily
- 19 Need final tweaks on Greece trip and restaurant recs!
- 20 Stu Tower
- 21 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 22 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 23 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 24 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 25 Madeira-anyone been recently?