Unexpectedly heading to Ireland for the first time in late July/early August.
Fyling into Kerry at 3pm on Day 1, and out of Dublin early on Day 9.
Haven't been in an English speaking country in two years. Yet the research seems more difficult than many countries as I can't pronouce 75% of critical info!
Researched the forums and the trip reports, read Rick Steves' book (though I know not everyone is a fan, it's what I have.)
-I realize it is a short visit over a great distance.
-I'd greatly appreciated your advice on what you feel is "not to miss" for a family with children and can be worked into our time frame.
-Our priorities are scenery and experience.
-Cities not a priority. (Perhaps another time when the children are older.)
-Would like to make it to the Antrim Coast.
-Would like to sleep over in limited locations - but recognize the difficulty of that on this trip. Recommendations more than welcome - especially for a family of 4.
Jet lag not an issue as we live in Europe.
Two adults and two well-traveled kids ages 6 and 9.
Renting a car.
Many, Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to give me some pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 quickest way to Prague
- 6 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 7 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
Best of Kerry to Dublin in 9 days? Help pls! (Ireland, Northern Ireland)