Unexpectedly heading to Ireland for the first time in late July/early August.
Fyling into Kerry at 3pm on Day 1, and out of Dublin early on Day 9.
Haven't been in an English speaking country in two years. Yet the research seems more difficult than many countries as I can't pronouce 75% of critical info!
Researched the forums and the trip reports, read Rick Steves' book (though I know not everyone is a fan, it's what I have.)
-I realize it is a short visit over a great distance.
-I'd greatly appreciated your advice on what you feel is "not to miss" for a family with children and can be worked into our time frame.
-Our priorities are scenery and experience.
-Cities not a priority. (Perhaps another time when the children are older.)
-Would like to make it to the Antrim Coast.
-Would like to sleep over in limited locations - but recognize the difficulty of that on this trip. Recommendations more than welcome - especially for a family of 4.
Jet lag not an issue as we live in Europe.
Two adults and two well-traveled kids ages 6 and 9.
Renting a car.
Many, Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to give me some pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Europe itinerary questions
- 3 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 4 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 7 Brugge hotel help
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Old European currency
- 10 Denmark or Sweden?
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Five night Ireland Trip
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 10 days in Paris and......
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 20 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 21 1 month in Europe
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time
Best of Kerry to Dublin in 9 days? Help pls! (Ireland, Northern Ireland)