Unexpectedly heading to Ireland for the first time in late July/early August.
Fyling into Kerry at 3pm on Day 1, and out of Dublin early on Day 9.
Haven't been in an English speaking country in two years. Yet the research seems more difficult than many countries as I can't pronouce 75% of critical info!
Researched the forums and the trip reports, read Rick Steves' book (though I know not everyone is a fan, it's what I have.)
-I realize it is a short visit over a great distance.
-I'd greatly appreciated your advice on what you feel is "not to miss" for a family with children and can be worked into our time frame.
-Our priorities are scenery and experience.
-Cities not a priority. (Perhaps another time when the children are older.)
-Would like to make it to the Antrim Coast.
-Would like to sleep over in limited locations - but recognize the difficulty of that on this trip. Recommendations more than welcome - especially for a family of 4.
Jet lag not an issue as we live in Europe.
Two adults and two well-traveled kids ages 6 and 9.
Renting a car.
Many, Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to give me some pointers!
Best of Kerry to Dublin in 9 days? Help pls! (Ireland, Northern Ireland)
- 1 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 2 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 3 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 4 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 5 Paris Recommendations
- 6 Europe Winter in 16 days
- 7 Suggestions for France Italy
- 8 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 9 London at Xmas
- 10 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 13 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 14 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 15 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 16 France by rail or car?
- 17 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 18 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 19 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 20 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 21 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 22 Bank of England Museum
- 23 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 24 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 25 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich