I'm wanting to go to Italy this summer, and I am looking to explore more of the country outside of the big attractions. I've been to Rome, Florence (twice), Venice, Pisa, and Cinque Terre. If I had less than a week, where should I spend my time? I like to maxmize my time, and I usually travel at a pretty fast pace, though I do love great food and wine and can slow down from time to time. What are your suggestions for the best of the rest? I'm looking at the Italian Alps, the Lakes, Milan, Emilia-Romagna, Lucca, Siena & Tuscan hill towns, or south to Naples and the Amalfi Coast...obviously I can't do it all! Any advice?
Best of Italy, already done the big stuff
- 1 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 2 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 3 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 4 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 5 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 6 Driving through Europe
- 7 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 8 Getting the best our of Europe
- 9 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 10 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 11 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 12 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 13 Palio Parking
- 14 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 15 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 16 Oxford to Rye
- 17 Alacazar in Sevilla
- 18 restaurants suggestions for verona,venice,florence,and bologna?
- 19 Ideas 1 weeks in Croatia (in and out from Zagreb)
- 20 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 21 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 22 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 23 italy itinerary for comments
- 24 Italy trains: how to prebook, please?
- 25 Extra screening at immigration