We are planning a trip to Corsica for two weeks early Sept. the whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Calvi or Ile Rousse in the north west coast and of Porto Vecchio or Bonifaco in the South east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Best of Corsica and hotel recommendations early sept
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 2 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 3 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 4 italy
- 5 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 6 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 7 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 10 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 11 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 12 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 15 Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence
- 16 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 17 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 18 What still confounds you about travel?
- 19 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 What to wear
- 22 Stay near Paris
- 23 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)
- 24 Fabulous Family Fearlesly Meet Lykians (reprint of 2010 trip)
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?