We are planning a trip to Corsica for two weeks early Sept. the whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Calvi or Ile Rousse in the north west coast and of Porto Vecchio or Bonifaco in the South east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Best of Corsica and hotel recommendations early sept
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day on the Rhine
- 2 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 3 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 4 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 5 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 6 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 7 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 8 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 9 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 10 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 11 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 12 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 13 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 14 Top 5 choices from London
- 15 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 16 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 17 Help plan train from Segovia to Toledo
- 18 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 19 Transportation in Paris
- 20 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 21 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 22 Do American College Student IDs work for free museum entrance
- 23 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 24 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 25 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS