We are planning a trip to Corsica for two weeks early Sept. the whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Calvi or Ile Rousse in the north west coast and of Porto Vecchio or Bonifaco in the South east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 2 From Genoa to Rome...
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 France to stop making foie grois
- 5 Spain in November
- 6 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 7 5 nights in Andalusia
- 8 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 9 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 10 Itinerary help please!
- 11 Greece Itinerary
- 12 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 13 Road trip Bergen to Trolltunga
- 14 From Riga airport to Riga downtown 222 mini-bus
- 15 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 How big backpack do I need?
- 18 Holiday Itinerary
- 19 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 20 AVE train tickets questions.
- 21 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 22 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 23 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 24 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.