We are planning a trip to Corsica for two weeks early Sept. the whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Calvi or Ile Rousse in the north west coast and of Porto Vecchio or Bonifaco in the South east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 2 Dijon in December!
- 3 International Flight Question
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Summer Travel order
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 12 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 13 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 14 Trip suggestion
- 15 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 16 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 17 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Another tipping question: concierges
- 21 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges