We are planning a trip to Corsica for two weeks early Sept. the whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Calvi or Ile Rousse in the north west coast and of Porto Vecchio or Bonifaco in the South east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 2 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 3 Place to stay in London
- 4 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 5 Barcelona to south of France
- 6 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 7 SIXT car rental uk
- 8 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 9 Holding bags in Paris
- 10 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 11 England/Scotland In January questions
- 12 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 13 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 14 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 15 Cornwall and Germany
- 16 Edinburgh Questions...
- 17 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 18 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 19 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 20 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 21 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 22 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 23 Two one week bases in Sicily
- 24 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 25 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles